Future Colony Designer and Owner

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmatureArchitect

Reaction score
I have recently turned 18, and ever since I was in high school, I have spent every day designing shelters, fortresses, underground bunkers, and whole self sustaining colonies that I plan on hopefully selling and helping other peepers feel secure and secure their belongings. It is a fascination of mine, so feel free to post specifications of a building or shelter that you would want, as I enjoy challenges. I have very little experience as to actually prepping, in the form of gathering supplies and training. However, I am an Eagle Scout, so I have a great deal of experience with camping and outdoor skills. From this, I have a basic amount of supplies to help me, but would like to gather a decent amount of storage to better sustain myself.

Welcome to the forum mate. Your hobby/future profession sounds really interesting.

Perhaps you wouldn't mind sharing some with us all? I'd be very interested to have a look.

Enjoy!

I have recently turned 18, and ever since I was in high school, I have spent every day designing shelters, fortresses, underground bunkers, and whole self sustaining colonies that I plan on hopefully selling and helping other peepers feel secure and secure their belongings. It is a fascination of mine, so feel free to post specifications of a building or shelter that you would want, as I enjoy challenges. I have very little experience as to actually prepping, in the form of gathering supplies and training. However, I am an Eagle Scout, so I have a great deal of experience with camping and outdoor skills. From this, I have a basic amount of supplies to help me, but would like to gather a decent amount of storage to better sustain myself.
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask (post) and questions you may have in the proper area, as the members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Welcome. Interesting idea, but a LOT of start up money needed for something like that. Still, could be fun so best of luck.
I can tell you what I would look for in an ideal shelter....

1) Location - Most important. Away from nuclear targets, and nuclear plants (at least 100 miles distant). Rural, best if only one road leading in, and inaccessible from other paths (at least by vehicle). Away from other cities, even towns.
2) Climate - Shouldn't get too cold, in a SHTF situation, winters could be brutal. Also, should be good for growing crops. Get enough rain to replenish water supplies and support growing.
3) Water - Should have natural water sources that can be tapped.
4) Security - Outer fence, moat, inner wall, guard towers, cameras, night vision, alarms, etc.
5) Power - Solar, Wind, etc. any renewable methods used.
6) Fuel Production - Biodiesel most likely.
7) Food - Grown veggies and fruits, livestock also, canning area
8) Manufacturing - Have to make clothes, shoes, other needs
9) Vehicles - And repair facilities
10) Recreation - Pool, game courts, rec center, etc. (to keep your sanity). Maybe even local TV even if just a DVR playing old movies and shows, etc.

sheep for the wool.and other means for makeing clothes..pluse the older sheep thats not much use for much more then the wool can be ate for the food..

Glad to help. Growing up, I lived in military compounds, so we had to kind of have all of what I mentioned above (well, minus the moat and manufacturing) in a self-contained area. Studying foreign military compounds may be a way to go too. After all, it was kind of a "slice of home" when living in a foreign country. I mean, inside the compound, if it wasn't for the sand and palms, you'd think you were in the good ol' US of A. These things really made dealing with it all much easier, especially when you're a kid.

Hey AmateurArchitect. I'm across the pond in wet and dreary London, UK. I too have always been intrigued with underground structures. It all started when I researched the London Underground Tube network..... Going back to the Victorian era, original tunnels were excavated, used and became redundant when more modern systems were introduced.

As time went on, more and more tunnels were dug and more and more tunnels became disused. It's at a point now where only about 60% of the tunnel network is actually required. The other 40% is unused, laying dormant. Some of it is accessible but the rest needs to be rediscovered........

I drew all my designs and "redesigned" structures only to find they have already existed in some form or another. I build shelters here in the UK. Depending on individual budgets, my shelters have ranged from from simple covered trenches to reinforced concrete bunkers. The scope is wide and I can offer anybody a shelter of some kind, within their price range. But now I have opted for ONE main shelter concept. This is the one started by your very own UTAH SHELTER SYSTEMS. Other companies over there replicate USS shelters incorporating all sorts of fancy gizmos with lovely wood trim etc but USS are the original.

Their shelters use corrugated steel pipe as the base for their shelters. You may think it sounds crude and cheap, but trust me...... They will keep you alive. They work. Paul Seyfried (the director) has helped me immensely. What he doesn't know about shelters isn't worth knowing about. As I said, other companies copy but they are all cosmetic. That's all. In a crappy situation I'd stay in one of Paul's shelters or one of my own (only because they are based on his models).

The corrugated steel pipe shelters were designed by Ed York and installed during your nuclear tests in the Nevada desert during the '50s and '60s. These were installed with other shelter designs....... The corrugated steel pipe shelters are still there to this day. They work and are a tried and tested model. They can be laid in various configurations - You can't go wrong with these shelters :)

Latest posts

Back