Fully Renovated Nuclear Bunker

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanyK

Reaction score
I've been pretty fascinated with Doomsday Prepping as I watch the show and my friends always talk about it. Coincidentally, I work as a commercial real estate broker in Atlanta. I received a call from a gentleman who lives in Florida that owns the ONLY fully renovated nuclear bunker in the Eastern seaboard in private hands. At first I was pretty skeptical since I've only heard of missile silos being converted into doomsday apartments until he invited me to visit his bunker in Southeast of Atlanta - about two hours away.

3d bunker_final.jpg

It was originally built in 1969 for the Cold War as a communications base in case the US were to be hit with a nuclear missile. Long story short, the owner spent over $2.5 million in renovations and has been using it to train special forces, government agencies and private companies on counter-terrorism intelligence. He added a second level for four-luxury unit apartments. The whole facility could house 20 individuals for two years comfortably because the entire property is self-sufficient (own solar panels/grid for electricity, privately deeded aquifer, etc.)

Because of his older age, he is looking to sell the property. I am fortunate to put the property on the market for him. Only if I could afford it myself, I wouldn't have to worry about SHTF anymore. But it could be a perfect doomsday fallout for someone else. I've attached a PDF of the offering if anyone is interested!
http://danykoe.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Bunker-OM.pdf

Also a quick story I've written on CNN iReport: http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1157152

Attachments

• Bunker OM.pdf
    10.7 MB · Views: 7
For the multimillionaire who can first pay for the cost, afford the land tax that goes with it and then hire a private security firm to provide security and defend it during an event. Not for the average prepper's wallet. Good luck on the sale DanyK. Sure your commission once you get it sold will surely make you smile.

I always picture a cement truck backing up and topping up the entrance.

Claustrophobia gets me every time.

Not to far off on the concrete load, but here is how a determined force would secure it. Time is on the aggressor side. advantage aggressor provided they have the right resources at hand with experience to do it. I am sure whoever buys it will not consider an outside security force. Concrete drill the top blockhouse door frame leading to the main entry way, then either use det cord or just a shaped charge to blow the hinge off. Place an optimum security force on this entry point (like a rabbit trying to figure out which end to come out from). Then spot any air-ducts or pressure valves, blow these with det cord. Place one red or green smoke grenade in the center of the where the shelter lies and watch the smoke, any backup ventilation system will be identified as it will struggle to offset the loss of pressure/air because its running a generator and providing air to the occupant. You can now close this off by blowing it. The tricky part is finding the exit route, but possibly not far from the main ECP...I'd look for an overgrown location, since building an extensive tunnel (made of concrete) would be not more than football field in length circumference. As the reporter/realtor stated it is a former communication site, not a main command and control center...even with the government spending the money, the alternate escape site would be nothing greater than 400 yards because of maintenance and upkeep. I would seal this end up. I doubt during the renovations, the owner considered building a third exfil point. Casualties will be minimal to the Aggressor force because its more or less waiting for the occupant to surrender. Your right Jontte...claustrophobia and the lack of O2 will force the occupants up.

So what's the price tag??
The guy is looking to sell it around $5M but entertaining offers.

For the multimillionaire who can first pay for the cost, afford the land tax that goes with it and then hire a private security firm to provide security and defend it during an event. Not for the average prepper's wallet. Good luck on the sale DanyK. Sure your commission once you get it sold will surely make you smile.
True, the cost of buying it would be the biggest burden. But the actual land tax is very minimal since most of the dwelling is technically underground, it doesn't count as an improvement. Improvements are based on above ground structures where they can measure the square footage. Since it was built for a nuclear war and is self-contained, you can lock yourself in there without anyone knowing for quite some time. Although, it would only come to that if someone actually knew the exact location, a fortified site their neighbors aren't even aware that exists.

There are two separate entrances that are spread on each side of the property in case there was an incident. The main entrance's building was engineered so if it were to fall, the concrete cinder blocks would fall away from the actual doorway. But there are several other vent stacks where someone could climb out but only if you removed the 2 inch steel plate from the inside of the bunker.

Not to far off on the concrete load, but here is how a determined force would secure it. Time is on the aggressor side. advantage aggressor provided they have the right resources at hand with experience to do it. I am sure whoever buys it will not consider an outside security force. Concrete drill the top blockhouse door frame leading to the main entry way, then either use det cord or just a shaped charge to blow the hinge off. Place an optimum security force on this entry point (like a rabbit trying to figure out which end to come out from). Then spot any air-ducts or pressure valves, blow these with det cord. Place one red or green smoke grenade in the center of the where the shelter lies and watch the smoke, any backup ventilation system will be identified as it will struggle to offset the loss of pressure/air because its running a generator and providing air to the occupant. You can now close this off by blowing it. The tricky part is finding the exit route, but possibly not far from the main ECP...I'd look for an overgrown location, since building an extensive tunnel (made of concrete) would be not more than football field in length circumference. As the reporter/realtor stated it is a former communication site, not a main command and control center...even with the government spending the money, the alternate escape site would be nothing greater than 400 yards because of maintenance and upkeep. I would seal this end up. I doubt during the renovations, the owner considered building a third exfil point. Casualties will be minimal to the Aggressor force because its more or less waiting for the occupant to surrender. Your right Jontte...claustrophobia and the lack of O2 will force the occupants up.
Let me mitigate all your concerns:
1. US Special Forces have used it and are quite happy with the level of security it affords.
2. Only a fool would comment on the defense strategy in place, but again, refer to #1 above.

The guy is looking to sell it around $5M but entertaining offers.

True, the cost of buying it would be the biggest burden. But the actual land tax is very minimal since most of the dwelling is technically underground, it doesn't count as an improvement. Improvements are based on above ground structures where they can measure the square footage. Since it was built for a nuclear war and is self-contained, you can lock yourself in there without anyone knowing for quite some time. Although, it would only come to that if someone actually knew the exact location, a fortified site their neighbors aren't even aware that exists.

There are two separate entrances that are spread on each side of the property in case there was an incident. The main entrance's building was engineered so if it were to fall, the concrete cinder blocks would fall away from the actual doorway. But there are several other vent stacks where someone could climb out but only if you removed the 2 inch steel plate from the inside of the bunker.

Let me mitigate all your concerns:
1. US Special Forces have used it and are quite happy with the level of security it affords.
2. Only a fool would comment on the defense strategy in place, but again, refer to #1 above.

Why debate the issue, I am sure your here to make your sale. You don't have to mitigate my concerns, because I don't have any, nor do I have 5 million to throw at it. Good luck.

Seems like the way to go would be to get 4 rich folks to pay a monthly fee to have a doomsday place to go to. That way, you could just rake in the monthly fee to cover expenses. Of course, you have to find the 4 rich folks, but if you had the investors up front.....

I'm thinking that if the place is up for sale, the location of it is known and will become known to anyone entertaining purchase, as well all entrances/exits. It stopped being a "secret" location the minute it went up for sale. And imagine all of the people who have trained there - every one of them knows where it is and knows how to get people out of it in the event they want to take over. Not so secure anymore.

I'm thinking that if the place is up for sale, the location of it is known and will become known to anyone entertaining purchase, as well all entrances/exits. It stopped being a "secret" location the minute it went up for sale. And imagine all of the people who have trained there - every one of them knows where it is and knows how to get people out of it in the event they want to take over. Not so secure anymore.

Spot on QuietH3art ! Once your Bug out local is compromised what good is it anymore? Kind of hard to fly Stealth or keep off the grid when buying that type of a Government bunker.

A person is to think....... Big Brother washed his hands of the place and don't care who or whom takes up new residents their after ? Not likely ! o_O

This looks like the place featured on one of the Nat Geo shows . Seems like they were making a big deal out of finding paper work and a brief case in it . Also if I remember right the owners of the property were suposed to have just stumbled across it after owning the property for years . Interesting enough but I'm not likly to win the lottery any time soon .

As Maverick alluded to, I'm not entirely confident any silo location is now scrubbed from the Russian's target list, so yeah, not the ideal place to be, lol! At least for a nuclear threat, as you might find yourself at ground zero!

As Maverick alluded to, I'm not entirely confident any silo location is now scrubbed from the Russian's target list, so yeah, not the ideal place to be, lol! At least for a nuclear threat, as you might find yourself at ground zero!

I just hope that now a days the threat of a nuke landing on US soil is a things of the past. Not saying it can't or won't happen, I just hope we have enough unknown stuff to us, (Star wars) in place to keep this from ever happening.

Let see, hyper-sonic ICBMs very hard to defend against and being tested in russia and china now, china just launched it's first boomer the jin-094 and 4 near completion carrying 12 1mt slbm jl-2, the USSR russia has recently been upgrading it's nuclear force and delivery system and I might add, working very closely with china. Japan changed its Constitution to allow for a naval offensive force further pissing off china, Japan is in the planning stages of building a carrier group with the full support of the US. Over? oh no, CW II has began and with a vengeance.

And we have the stoogies trying to figure out what to do with a Islamic street gang that has no Navy or Air Force .

Well, we do have a pretty intense missile defense system.

But, Russia also has some new missiles that are pretty well designed to slip through it. But, it's a question of not having many of those.

http://www.mda.mil/system/system.html

Basically, there are 3 main layers of defense to get through:

Boost (missile launching) - Combo of Aegis SM-3, PAC-3, UAV's, and other tech (I'm assuming some ground-based THELs involved here too)
Midcourse (missile in space) - GBI with EKV payload, and other tech
Terminal (the missile re-entry) - Combo of Aegis SM-3, THAAD and PAC-3.

After all that, likely not many that will actually reach the target. Not full-proof, of course, nothing is, but it should certainly take the sting out of any major missile attack on the US.

The real challenge from a Russian missile attack is going to be sheer numbers. Simply put, if I'm Russia, I'm sending a ton of dummy missiles your way, that don't even have real warheads, in the first wave, along with a handful that do, to probe the weak spots (and waste some of the US's ammo in this regard). Then, I'm launching the rest (along with some more dummy ones), so we spend a lot of our effort wasting them on bogus targets.

Last edited:
Raegans strength was letting the Soviets know we well suvive and we will elimanate you . It pays to be a winner .

Latest posts

Back