Fully Renovated Nuclear Bunker

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let see, hyper-sonic ICBMs very hard to defend against and being tested in russia and china now, china just launched it's first boomer the jin-094 and 4 near completion carrying 12 1mt slbm jl-2, the USSR russia has recently been upgrading it's nuclear force and delivery system and I might add, working very closely with china. Japan changed its Constitution to allow for a naval offensive force further pissing off china, Japan is in the planning stages of building a carrier group with the full support of the US. Over? oh no, CW II has began and with a vengeance.

Thanks Maverick, My day wasn't going all that bad, then I just read that ! LOL:eek:

And we have the stoogies trying to figure out what to do with a Islamic street gang that has no Navy or Air Force .

No, we have no real interest in destroying ISIS.

Simply put, we (the US) pretty much want them right where they are. Creating a thorn in Putin's side by destabilizing Syria, and working as an effective boogeyman to keep the rich Middle Eastern monarchs up at night, and playing ball, so they don't have to worry about being dragged out of their plush beds in the middle of the night and being beheaded.

Our actions against ISIS are calculated to APPEAR to be doing something about it, while keeping them on the field. At least, that's my educated theory on it (and it is what I'd do, tactically).

Raegans strength was letting the Soviets know we well suvive and we will elimanate you . It pays to be a winner .

I think the Soviets still know this. Simply put, they don't have the logistics to WIN at a nuclear war with the US, even if it was Russia and China together (at least at the moment).

For one thing, the US simply has too many targets and these targets are too spread out. Conversely, Russia and China can be neutered by hitting a far less number of key targets.

Raegans strength was letting the Soviets know we well suvive and we will elimanate you . It pays to be a winner .

Being a winner can be a good thing, Being labeled the Big Bully on the Block and no other countries like you because of this? I am not seeing that as a good thing. o_O

Makes sence but I'm not sure . I think the Current adminastration is trying to change the U.S posistion in the Middle East and letting these thuggs have their way to cozy up to the hard line islamist who they know will hold the high cards there .

the US and JANE pretty much said the current missile defense system in place isn't designed to intercept hyper-sonic ICBMs, russia won't use dummies in the first wave since the objective is taking out our launch and command & control structure. If russia was to launch its dummies in the first wave the US would return fire with the warheads, any delay would be certain death to russia's launch capabilities and C&C

bgo We were posting at the same time . Big Bully on the block worked for decades and still does . Atleast our allies could trust us . Now with our kinder gentler nature more Countries can't rely on us if a real threat attacks them .

We certainly knew this was going to happen (ISIS), for years. So, if we didn't do anything about it, I have to think it is because we wanted it to play out just as it did. The only surprise I think, to us, was just how quickly they expanded. Then, the next surprise was how loud they were about it, pretty much forcing our hand to get involved directly, when they started beheading citizens publicly over social media. That was really a dumb move on their part. They could have probably controlled all of Syria and Iraq by now.

Nope, instead, we'll putz around a bit, before finally arming our forces of choice in Syria and Iraq, to then take it back, paying for those arms with all kinds of future oil and gas concessions, etc. Everybody is happy (except the remnants of ISIS and Russia).

Then of course, the remnants of ISIS will eventually regroup, and start the cycle all over again, rinse and repeat, and keep the coffers filling, yada yada yada.....

the US and JANE pretty much said the current missile defense system in place isn't designed to intercept hyper-sonic ICBMs, russia won't use dummies in the first wave since the objective is taking out our launch and command & control structure. If russia was to launch its dummies in the first wave the US would return fire with the warheads, any delay would be certain death to russia's launch capabilities and C&C

Valid point, but the other side to it, is that a) even JANE isn't exactly up on all of the capabilities, and b) Russia still has a ton of older, non hyper-sonic missiles sitting in launch position. By dummy missiles, I really mean those that have had warheads removed and just older, dumb missiles.

As you mentioned though, they can't really afford to see the results of a first wave, as they may not be able to launch again, so most likely, they'd just do it all, to have a shot.

Any way you slice it, will suck for us humans, but I think we'd still have more left after that initial barrage, than they do. Not to mention, more globally projected power (carriers, subs, bases, etc.).

There you have it ! A no win situation with nothing good to come from it if it ever happen? :eek:

Well, "winning" is all in how you define it. I'm more with Joshua from War Games. The only winning move is not to play.
We've avoided nuclear war for half a century now, so that's good....but something tells me, eventually, the more who have them, the more likely we are to end up with someone who will choose to USE them.

Well, "winning" is all in how you define it. I'm more with Joshua from War Games. The only winning move is not to play.
We've avoided nuclear war for half a century now, so that's good....but something tells me, eventually, the more who have them, the more likely we are to end up with someone who will choose to USE them.

Choosing to use them is one thing, Those who generally go looking for trouble will find it!
The US has a reputation for sticking their nose in where it don't belong, one of these times things are going to get real ugly, And for what purpose?

Thoughts of a Nuclear exchange agin is troubleing . Its always been there but I havent giving it alot of thought since the 80's . I can see Hilliary blameing it on the Republicans .

It was recently reported the US and the UK have sent troops into Iraq, I know one person that received orders a week and half ago being deployed to Iraq, this person job is not logistics or training ;) I'm starting to see a silent escalation, very similar to pre 68 vietnam

It was recently reported the US and the UK have sent troops into Iraq, I know one person that received orders a week and half ago being deployed to Iraq, this person job is not logistics or training ;) I'm starting to see a silent escalation, very similar to pre 68 vietnam

Yeah and we all remember how that turned out in the end! :(

Latest posts

Back