Fruits of your labors!

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The icing is a great idea! This isn't really bread anyways, more like a cake. Do you buy it or make your own? I'm not very experienced with desserts/baking. I'm really craving a fresh tomatoe as I finally gave up on buying any of the tasteless junk from wallyworld. I have green ones, but it will still be a little longer for fresh.
Make my own. . . only need cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and a little milk. I had a friend who gave me 6 lbs of tomatoes a few days ago. I planted after he did, but I ended up making 12 pints of salsa from his and ended up giving my buddy 6 jars in trade for 6 empty jar. Yeah, he was a happy guy. I have picked a couple of my own, but my crop is coming. . . Just now turning so in a few more days, I will have a ton!! So I will be canning most of those up too. You just can beat the homegrown stuff.

Make my own. . . only need cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and a little milk. I had a friend who gave me 6 lbs of tomatoes a few days ago. I planted after he did, but I ended up making 12 pints of salsa from his and ended up giving my buddy 6 jars in trade for 6 empty jar. Yeah, he was a happy guy. I have picked a couple of my own, but my crop is coming. . . Just now turning so in a few more days, I will have a ton!! So I will be canning most of those up too. You just can beat the homegrown stuff.
Sounds good, I've got to learn more about baking. I have close to 70 tomato plants, but all the fruits are still small and green. I'm dying for a fresh blt sandwich! I am getting beans, cukes, squash and zukes now. Still, tomatoes are one of my favorite things out of the garden. I was amazed when I picked some of the lower 'sucker' branches off the tomatoes and put them in the ground and they started growing. I have about ten new plants growing now. I had no idea a vegetable could be that hardy. Pretty cool stuff. Hope you have a great night.

See why couldn't I be your neighbor, I'll just go buy the empty jars, tomatoes, spices...and the lot...you can them...then I wouldn't have to learn! LOL...tell your husband that when SHTF, I;m bring you and him with the clan with me...lol.

Did I tell you, wife has the black thumb for plants...okay my only negative things I've said about her to you. ...

lol . . I told my neighbor friend I would teach him the salsa thing, but he said no, You do it so well. . . Whatever!! Gotta love the old cowboy though. He has taught me alot of what I know about carin and doctorin for my critters, so I am indebted to him. If the old man wants to be stubborn cuss about salsa and other water bath items he could do easily. . . it's ok.

Your biting off more than you can chew wantin hunny and I in a SHTF situation. Sorry bud, I aint leavin. . . . You'd just have to come down south. Sorry about the wife and her black thumb, but I know she has other talents that would be fruitful. . . lol

Sounds good, I've got to learn more about baking. I have close to 70 tomato plants, but all the fruits are still small and green. I'm dying for a fresh blt sandwich! I am getting beans, cukes, squash and zukes now. Still, tomatoes are one of my favorite things out of the garden. I was amazed when I picked some of the lower 'sucker' branches off the tomatoes and put them in the ground and they started growing. I have about ten new plants growing now. I had no idea a vegetable could be that hardy. Pretty cool stuff. Hope you have a great night.
Fried green tomatoes!! Yummy. . . if I had that many plants oh yeah baby, I would definitely be making some, but I only have 12 plants this year so mine will be for other reasons and it's ok. Honestly, I have never tried to plant the suckers so that is nice to know. I hope you have a good night as well

See why couldn't I be your neighbor, I'll just go buy the empty jars, tomatoes, spices...and the lot...you can them...then I wouldn't have to learn! LOL...tell your husband that when SHTF, I;m bring you and him with the clan with me...lol.

Did I tell you, wife has the black thumb for plants...okay my only negative things I've said about her to you. ...

Stop by and I'll give you a jar and of coarse in return of an empty jar. .

lol . . I told my neighbor friend I would teach him the salsa thing, but he said no, You do it so well. . . Whatever!! Gotta love the old cowboy though. He has taught me alot of what I know about carin and doctorin for my critters, so I am indebted to him. If the old man wants to be stubborn cuss about salsa and other water bath items he could do easily. . . it's ok.

Your biting off more than you can chew wantin hunny and I in a SHTF situation. Sorry bud, I aint leavin. . . . You'd just have to come down south. Sorry about the wife and her black thumb, but I know she has other talents that would be fruitful. . . lol

Lol, I know, Can't blame a guy for trying. Told Alabaster, I would need to work on you to see if you and hunny would come to the national Meet and Greet. Of course, I told him, you were not the type to leave the animal unattended, as I've ever tried to entice you to take a vacation.

Maybe, what I need to do is do the North Dakota thing...search google for the "Cheesecake Hall of Fame" place and then send you the website...lol, maybe a bit of cheesecake will force you to take a trip to taste them. lol. Dang googled it, no such place.

I do love
I think I'm lucky to get 1 in 10 of the jars back! I think I need new friends!
Totally understand, which is why I ask for a jar when picking up whatever I have to share. Most everyone knows how I am and already expect this. Year ago I did it the other way around and like you, normally wouldn't receive my jar back and that is the expensive part of canning.

I read something years ago that said if your willing to loan something you should be willing to give it as a gift. I think I understand it better now.

Latest posts

Back