FREE NATURAL GAS

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grayghost668

A True Doomsday Prepper
VIP Supporter
Reaction score
free natural gas should be on all our list of things we should have if the world goes to chit,,,, there are homes that get free natural gas that do hit the market from time to time,,,, the short list of states are Ohio Kentucky and West Virginia they are not that hard to find just google it

if I ever decide to move from here I will be looking for a farm with free Natural Gas,,,, heat the house the shop and a generator to boot and not a dime out of pocket for the Gas,,,,, and these will be mostly older homes and not all that bad in cost

this is a Kentucky home

https://www.landsofamerica.com/property/60-acres-in-Lawrence-County-Kentucky/2702123/
1631067364511.png

Wife asked me about what to do if SHTF and propane.

Have to look into bio-gas from the live stock.

@Arcticdude,
We seem to be having the opposite problem: Too much rain, if there can be such a thing.
July, 12 inches.
Aug, 8 inches.
Yesterday, 2 inches.

Know a guy in Alaska. Last winter he was warmer than I, and I am only an hour or so from the Canadian border.

@Arcticdude,
We seem to be having the opposite problem: Too much rain, if there can be such a thing.
July, 12 inches.
Aug, 8 inches.
Yesterday, 2 inches.

Know a guy in Alaska. Last winter he was warmer than I, and I am only an hour or so from the Canadian border.
Send some rain my way. Getting choked out in smoke again. Can’t work outside as it’s giving me a huge headache

@Arcticdude,
July, 12 inches.
Aug, 8 inches.
Yesterday, 2 inches.

Wood is your friend to stretch the propane. Heating, cooking etc.
I know my yearly propane usage is about 600 g with running generator a couple days a year. I am toying with getting a couple of 100lb tanks to put in back of the truck.
I have about 5 cord down from a big oak branch and another 200 yr old oak standing dead. Fireplace, outside fire pit, my smoker will all be put to use to stretch that propane for the generator.
I know the general area you are. The armpit of Lake Ontario has a wide swath starting 20 miles inland.

@Arcticdude,
July, 12 inches.
Aug, 8 inches.
Yesterday, 2 inches.

@Arcticdude,
July, 12 inches.
Aug, 8 inches.
Yesterday, 2 inches.

We've had just under 1 inch of rain since April. We make up for it in snow starting in November.
Alaska temps can change in the matter of hours. During a Chinook one winter I’ve Seen it go from -30 to +50 within an hour or so.

Last edited:
We've had just under 1 inch of rain since April. We make up for it in snow starting in November.
Alaska temps can change in the matter of hours. During a Chinook one winter I’ve it go from -30 to +50 within an hour or so.
It’s the same where he lives. I have seen Xmas eve at 60 degrees and Xmas day with 2 ft of snow. He might have got 4 ft in that one.

Send some rain my way. Getting choked out in smoke again. Can’t work outside as it’s giving me a huge headache
Weather goes from west to east generally. Sorry you are not gonna see his rain.
It was so predictable that I could see what was happening in Denver and know what it was going to be in 36 hrs in the Midwest.
What gives the forecasters fits, is big bodies of water like the Great Lakes. They form their own weather pattern, much like wild fires do.
As you possibly get rain tonight, I will probably up on fire watch because of dry lightning. I had to evacuate last year because it and I am a little nervous.

Weather goes from west to east generally. Sorry you are not gonna see his rain.
It was so predictable that I could see what was happening in Denver and know what it was going to be in 36 hrs in the Midwest.
What gives the forecasters fits, is big bodies of water like the Great Lakes. They form their own weather pattern, much like wild fires do.
As you possibly get rain tonight, I will probably up on fire watch because of dry lightning. I had to evacuate last year because it and I am a little nervous.
Ah yeah dry lightening is awful, had never experienced it before I moved here.
Stay safe, hope all goes ok

They're calling for dry lightning here tonight and tomorrow too. Plus high winds.
Last year we had to evacuate our place when the fire got to within a half mile from our property. Took a couple trailer and truck loads of our most important things and parked them a few miles down the road in the middle of an irrigated hay field. We had a great view from our house of the fire coming over the ridge and the trees exploding. The sound the fire made was pretty scary. I opened the gates and tried to drive the cattle out.

Last weekend I got to to talk to CalFire guy, the first time i was evacuated last year, they had no clue which way it was going to go and no fire support (Because of saving Gavin and Nancy’s winerieries). They were using my house as 1st line of defense fo my 13 house 300 acre neighborhood from the fire to the north.
The second Evac was because they judged the fire could come from the east to the west and get up and down a canyon in 6 hours.
As a former volunteer chief, I can respect that Decision too.

Latest posts

Back