Frankenstorm **WARNING**

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
No thread about this yet? This storm is not fitting any modules and no one knows what to expect. I don't know how many of you here live on the east coast but this could be hell. Please sign in and we can talk this through. I wish everyone good luck, you are all on my prayers. We have lots of experts on various fields here, so I hope we can all join here to advise our fellow preppers through this. Hope you can maintain Internet access, at least via smart phone. My expertise are emergency medicine and tactical military. Remember there are no stupid questions just stupid deaths so ask away. Good luck and may God be with you all.

Get out of town, head west and plan to be away for weeks. You can't save your property but can save your lives.

Hopefully by Wednesday you can laugh about this and head back home. But if its as bad as it can be you will be safe. Drive out tomorrow before the panic exodus Sunday and Monday. The last thing you want is to be trapped in traffic when this thing hits.

Can't or won't leave?
Some advice about that later :)

im in Cali, unless i head to Hawaii, im as far west as im going, dude that radar looks freaken CRAZY!!!!!
thanx for posten this!!!!

I hope it all peters out. I worked for FEMA , and the money they waste would make you puke.
Hades, maybe you can help me with a FEMA rumor. I have been told that FEMA has or thinks it has the power to disarm people, and that they did do that in New Orleans, LA following Katrina. I do not recall if martial law had been declared there or not.

Hades, maybe you can help me with a FEMA rumor. I have been told that FEMA has or thinks it has the power to disarm people, and that they did do that in New Orleans, LA following Katrina. I do not recall if martial law had been declared there or not.
It was declared but after Katrina the put a new law that well never allow the government to come disarm the people in natural disasters like that ever again due to how many people where robbing and killing.

Martial Law was not legally called in Luisiana, for 1 reason. There is no state law that recognises martial law in LA.
However a state of emergency was called by the governor..................eventually.............
The rumors that persist comes from the mayor of New Orleans who nominally declared "Martial Law" in him saying that his officers did not have to abide by civil and maranda rights in stopping looters. This has been disproportionated by the newspapers and what not, but infact atleast 5 officers have been found guilty of murder and other charges, after doing what they were told to do. It sent a ripple through the law enforcement community (my father in law is a chief of police in a city) that will be felt for many years to come. I fully expect to see some aftermath of these rulings this week LOL. police officers will NOT be so quick to react in the safety of civilians in trumatic curcumstances.
They will take more time in thier decisionmaking. Thier slowed responce will cost some of them thier lives, and the lives of people they need to protect.
In declaring state of emergency LA, Did infact "by thier laws" execute a "legal" means to disarm civilians. or atleast in thier opinions. The courts decided otherwise so I heard. I would have to look it up to be truthfull.
One must remember the chaos, looters, gangs and such. Law enforcement was in a door to door war, the average person could never understand.
Even though I believe in my gun rights, how can it be sorted in the middle of chaos. We had armed guards while we were working down there, shootins were every few minutes ( Could hear them in distance) I would not have been a cop down there for a million dollars a week.
The world will never know what happened down there with the gangs fighting for control of anything of value. But this week will be different. It will be happening to more upscale people who have means to get the word out.
I highly recomend for light reading
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_government_response_to_Hurricane_Katrina
I think it will be very informative to many.
but to fully answer your question. YES, after the president by executive order declares a national emergency, FEMA is the highest command of the land, and can, and will, use all resources, local, county, state federal law enforcement, as well as national guard and military through the the laws that have already been laid in place, make it illegal for civilians to posess firearms. Does it go against the constitution, absolutly, . That will not matter to the government trying to regain control of things gone so mad, that the next best solution would be the preservation of the rest of the country by simply bombing our own people.

Martial Law was not legally called in Luisiana, for 1 reason. There is no state law that recognises martial law in LA.
However a state of emergency was called by the governor..................eventually.............
The rumors that persist comes from the mayor of New Orleans who nominally declared "Martial Law" in him saying that his officers did not have to abide by civil and maranda rights in stopping looters. This has been disproportionated by the newspapers and what not, but infact atleast 5 officers have been found guilty of murder and other charges, after doing what they were told to do. It sent a ripple through the law enforcement community (my father in law is a chief of police in a city) that will be felt for many years to come. I fully expect to see some aftermath of these rulings this week LOL. police officers will NOT be so quick to react in the safety of civilians in trumatic curcumstances.
They will take more time in thier decisionmaking. Thier slowed responce will cost some of them thier lives, and the lives of people they need to protect.
In declaring state of emergency LA, Did infact "by thier laws" execute a "legal" means to disarm civilians. or atleast in thier opinions. The courts decided otherwise so I heard. I would have to look it up to be truthfull.
One must remember the chaos, looters, gangs and such. Law enforcement was in a door to door war, the average person could never understand.
Even though I believe in my gun rights, how can it be sorted in the middle of chaos. We had armed guards while we were working down there, shootins were every few minutes ( Could hear them in distance) I would not have been a cop down there for a million dollars a week.
The world will never know what happened down there with the gangs fighting for control of anything of value. But this week will be different. It will be happening to more upscale people who have means to get the word out.
I highly recomend for light reading
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_government_response_to_Hurricane_Katrina
I think it will be very informative to many.
but to fully answer your question. YES, after the president by executive order declares a national emergency, FEMA is the highest command of the land, and can, and will, use all resources, local, county, state federal law enforcement, as well as national guard and military through the the laws that have already been laid in place, make it illegal for civilians to posess firearms. Does it go against the constitution, absolutly, . That will not matter to the government trying to regain control of things gone so mad, that the next best solution would be the preservation of the rest of the country by simply bombing our own people.
Thank you so very much Hades! I will read the link you provided. Thank you for your insight and honest assessment of what it was or must have been like in New Orleans..

This law does not let anyone come in even in a natural disaster and take your guns not even FEMA unless its state or federal law and last time I seen it takes months to instate a law I believe hades is wrong. They cannot take your guns.

42 USC 5207 Section 706

This law does not let anyone come in even in a natural disaster and take your guns not even FEMA unless its state or federal law and last time I seen it takes months to instate a law I believe hades is wrong. They cannot take your guns.

42 USC 5207 Section 706

In declaring state of emergency LA, Did in fact "by their laws" execute a "legal" means to disarm civilians. or at least in their opinions. The courts decided otherwise so I heard.I would have to look it up to be truthful.

notice "the at least in their opinions" followed by "the court decided otherwise so I heard".

I looked it up and it was ruled unconstitutional by the courts.
Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006

But one must understand that it was not FEMA that did it, now were they.

I further stated that FEMA would be able too in the event of SHTF and I will explain. it is not written in exact words but the laws that have entered the books in the last few years, and the executive orders that have been made, are a clear indication of the direction that will be pursued.

I realize that many people do not understand the National defense authorization act (that's the one where civilians can be indefinitely detained without trial if deemed a terrorist) wait a minute is that unconstitutional, don't one have to be convicted of being a terrorist. Until the supreme court makes a decision in this, citizens have not been excluded from it. finally a single judge put a stay on it (all hail, katherine forest) but it was immediately appealed by the Obama administration and has not been heard in court. The whitehouse stance is simple , he is commander in chief, and will act accordingly.
let us continue down this rabbit hole, but just for fun lets let our members drag in some real information to be pieced together to solve the puzzle.
here is your hint.
At what point do you think that measures have been put in place to declare a national security emergency, and what powers have been established if by one signature of our president America is a legal battlefield. In a national security scenario, has there been laws made to remove not only our basic rights, but constitutional rights as well.

In declaring state of emergency LA, Did in fact "by their laws" execute a "legal" means to disarm civilians. or at least in their opinions. The courts decided otherwise so I heard.I would have to look it up to be truthful.

notice "the at least in their opinions" followed by "the court decided otherwise so I heard".

I further stated that FEMA would be able too in the event of SHTF and I will explain. it is not written in exact words but the laws that have entered the books in the last few years, and the executive orders that have been made, are a clear indication of the direction that will be pursued.

I realize that many people do not understand the National defense authorization act (that's the one where civilians can be indefinitely detained without trial if deemed a terrorist) wait a minute is that unconstitutional, don't one have to be convicted of being a terrorist. Until the supreme court makes a decision in this, citizens have not been excluded from it. finally a single judge put a stay on it (all hail, katherine forest) but it was immediately appealed by the Obama administration and has not been heard in court. The whitehouse stance is simple , he is commander in chief, and will act accordingly.
let us continue down this rabbit hole, but just for fun lets let our members drag in some real information to be pieced together to solve the puzzle.
here is your hint.
At what point do you think that measures have been put in place to declare a national security emergency, and what powers have been established if by one signature of our president America is a legal battlefield. In a national security scenario, has there been laws made to remove not only our basic rights, but constitutional rights as well.
Thanks for getting back on that link! This court decision and the actions of those "in charge" will directly impact how the people in those positions deal with the current mess in the north east!

at this time they apear to be still in the good, people help each other for the first 2-3 days, lets just hope its over by then. I am not looking forward to the other scenerio

But that does not mean there is no plan b, and plan c for the government as well

here is your hint.
Hades if you read that link I put up it is as simple as it says it is no one can take your guns it was put in after Katrina now you can say what you want but I found the law that says different its pretty simple no one can take your guns it's the laws of the land. And as for real information you can post what you want but until I see you post laws that say other wise that's just here say. The law says not federal that equals FEMA FBI not state that equals highway patrol state police nor local police can take your gun read the link that's not just a piece that's the law

Latest posts

Back