Fox Fire

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psalm 7

God Like
Reaction score
There was groups of youths that attended UT in Knoxvile TN back in the early 1970's and they wrote a sieries of books called Fox Fire wich turned into a Magazine and eventualy a web site . Named after what the old timers called the glowing substance you will see on dark nights on the forest floor especialy near a creek or other warter .
To me its like remembering all the old folk I was around while growing up . We did thoes thing with the garden , on the farms . Many lived like thier ancestors did in the frountier days because they wanted to . They made sure they passed it on to us youngsters back then . They are all gone but some of us picked up on thier way of life .
The book sieries is one of the best sorces I can think of if you have never been around a homestead and have not been exposed to rural life style . I bought them just because they remind me of my ancestor,s and the times I had growing up .

I bought a couple of them back then... wish they would have continued !

I got a lot of ideas to use on this homestead...

There was groups of youths that attended UT in Knoxvile TN back in the early 1970's and they wrote a sieries of books called Fox Fire wich turned into a Magazine and eventualy a web site . Named after what the old timers called the glowing substance you will see on dark nights on the forest floor especialy near a creek or other warter .
To me its like remembering all the old folk I was around while growing up . We did thoes thing with the garden , on the farms . Many lived like thier ancestors did in the frountier days because they wanted to . They made sure they passed it on to us youngsters back then . They are all gone but some of us picked up on thier way of life .
The book sieries is one of the best sorces I can think of if you have never been around a homestead and have not been exposed to rural life style . I bought them just because they remind me of my ancestor,s and the times I had growing up .
I had never heard of them before, but will keep an eye out. I really miss having a good used book store close. Price you pay for living rural I guess. I discovered Mother Earth news several years ago, and was hooked at first glance. Keeping reference materials like these on hand may help make our lives much easier one day.

AWESOME! I think they even had a section on how to embalm people. Unbelievable amounts of info there.

Wow, bringing back memories. My best friend did her high school senior English book report on the 1st book

Latest posts

Back