Forum looks different

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think this was a long planned event. I don't know. It would have been nice if the mods had been told, but I will be more than happy to discuss things privately if they click on my big A avatar and see the Start a Conversation and send me a private message. I've been on your side of events like this and understand wanting to get some information, etc.

I don't think this was a long planned event. I don't know. It would have been nice if the mods had been told, but I will be more than happy to discuss things privately if they click on my big A avatar and see the Start a Conversation and send me a private message. I've been on your side of events like this and understand wanting to get some information, etc.

So Angie baby, how long did you work for Obama and Clinton for before you came to us :) :) :)

Okay, I just have found it best not to signal to the other side what may be planned as then they cannot plan for your actions too much.

And me, I just plan for no job for awhile, pandemics :)eek:), I even have cheap white wash rags and pool shock for when TP is totally not available. Oh, and tornadoes. Always plan for tornadoes.

hal_9000_by__kol-d1bahp7.png

I'm with everyone, we were all blindsided and don't like rapid change, not only a new site but a new owner. Before we make a snap reaction to the change, give it a week or two and see how we feel. The members here made the site what it is not the site it's self and the same members are still here, it would have been far worse if the site abruptly shut down without notice.

I'm going to give it a chance and feel it out for a while before I make any decision.

Old forum --- At the bottom of every post, the com-mentor's name was shown. That is now missing, Granted it is not a huge deal but it was a nice touch. When replying to the post, it was nice to see the name. Again, not major item but a nice item.

I keep getting locked out?? Just trying to go from subject to subject and I keep end up being locked out and facing the OLD Home page with a message its undrer maintenence ??

@BillMasen What you are experiencing is that your computer and possibly the Internet provider has not yet recognized the new server IP. What most often fixes it, is:
1. Delete your saved link to the forum.
2. Clear cookies for this site.
3. Clear history, so the old forum won't be lingering.
4. Now many will reboot at this point and others just do the next step.
5. Type in the forum address h t t p s: / / w w w. doomsday prepper forums . com (of course all together). See if this will bring up the forum as is. When it does, please save this version to favorites.

Glad you could make it now.

@BillMasen What you are experiencing is that your computer and possibly the Internet provider has not yet recognized the new server IP. What most often fixes it, is:
1. Delete your saved link to the forum.
2. Clear cookies for this site.
3. Clear history, so the old forum won't be lingering.
4. Now many will reboot at this point and others just do the next step.
5. Type in the forum address h t t p s: / / w w w. doomsday prepper forums . com (of course all together). See if this will bring up the forum as is. When it does, please save this version to favorites.
Did all of that and still no joy on the desktop. Posting from my phone is exceedingly aggravating because the line I am typing on keeps getting hidden.

I'm back again. And I just confirmed that it is a DNS issue unrelated to my shortcuts, cookies or cached files. I have no control over what DNS address the DNS server decides to serve up, and it has been flip flopping between 72.44.95.17 (old) and 159.203.190.112 (new). Usually new DNS addresses are registered everywhere by the next morning, but this has been going on for a good 38 hours now.

Flushing the DNS cache had no effect.

Latest posts

Back