Forum changes, what do you guys think?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillMasen

A True Doomsday Prepper
Banned
Reaction score
As per the header guys, what do you think about the change in ownership and management and style of forum. I like the technical updates thanks Angie baby, But part of the forums appeal is it was set up by a very respected prepper / survivalist whose reputation was well earned, it was a prep forum by preppers for preppers, now its different. so what do you my peers think??

I'll be interested in their comments also. And back in 2005 I was on another large forum and my section was Survival and Emergency Prep. If you had to have an Admin dropped on you, I at least understand. Read the books, go to some events, and keep a low profile.
There is nothing disrespectful to the forum members in this, and the feel will stay the same or close to the same if the members keep posting as they have before.
I understand the agnst and worry, especially as a survival person or prepping or severe prepping. No put downs, no trying to make you appear a nut case for having physical insurance for the things that you've seen coming, but now many are coming to see. Heck, a big FB group I'm an admin in for Homesteading (which relates to long term prepping) is having many people joining. Some have to be weeded out as they are sheeple.

But, do put what you think, and what you are concerned about.

I'm slowly getting to like the new look of the forum it seems to be very similar to the old style although it seems slightly easier to read / use however I'm not sure about Angie - admin she strikes me as someone who is very full of herself ( eg; it's always about me / I'm always right ) but for now I will give her the benefit of the doubt

I'm slowly getting to like the new look of the forum it seems to be very similar to the old style although it seems slightly easier to read / use however I'm not sure about Angie - admin she strikes me as someone who is very full of herself ( eg; it's always about me / I'm always right ) but for now I will give her the benefit of the doubt
Give her time and chance, she clearly has many useful and familiar skills including Homesteading and Ham radio expertise, We MUST not be judgemental .

I can deal with the new look, not that I like it. I just hope this forum does not turn into another Homestead and Living type forum, where it became a problem if you disagreed with the selected moderators opinions.

I'll be interested in their comments also. And back in 2005 I was on another large forum and my section was Survival and Emergency Prep. If you had to have an Admin dropped on you, I at least understand. Read the books, go to some events, and keep a low profile.
There is nothing disrespectful to the forum members in this, and the feel will stay the same or close to the same if the members keep posting as they have before.
I understand the agnst and worry, especially as a survival person or prepping or severe prepping. No put downs, no trying to make you appear a nut case for having physical insurance for the things that you've seen coming, but now many are coming to see. Heck, a big FB group I'm an admin in for Homesteading (which relates to long term prepping) is having many people joining. Some have to be weeded out as they are sheeple.

But, do put what you think, and what you are concerned about.
Curious Angie what are your goals for this group? Where are you hoping to take it? What additional changes are you anticipating? And could we get an introduction as to maybe what you hope to personally bring to the group maybe?

I don't expect it to go that way. I need to see what you post. All of you. I don't care if you ever post anything Homesteading, I just know food will have to come from somewhere. How you discuss it here is up to the members.

I've given instructions on your post about being out of the site and how to fix it.

On the surface the site change were more of a shock but so far I found nothing complicated after the initial shock as far as the threads go and are the same just different, I can get used to this new layout, I can get used to not using Tapatalk when away from the computer. The chatbox or lack of have upset some of us but hopefully it will be back.

I wish Clyde hadn't left the way he did but he had his reasons I reckon and not notifying one of our Mod that I know of was a little upsetting, with that said, one day isn't enough time to pass judgement or come to an conclusion, give them time to work out the kinks.

Group Builder owns it, a very small company and I'm the one that is mostly online. The tech guys don't care to check out members. Your email, I can see it and I only use it for letting you know if someone is asking me about how to get in touch with you, or something like that. I do understand your concern. You could make a new email and change it here, but you'd have to reverify your account as if you had just signed up and receiving a verification email. I will say if an email is not operational the system will recognize that and disable the account until a working email is provided.

Group Builder ?

Group Builder is an online media company focused exclusively since 2001 on online discussion forum communities.

Since 2001 Group Builder has been active in the development and acquisition of online discussion forums. Today we operate over 50 communities in homebrewing/winemaking, aviation, pets, homesteading, firearms, hobby and home repair. Active communities such as HomebrewTalk.com, RocketryForum.com, Homebuiltairplanes.com, PiperForum.com, SoapmakingForum.com & MuzzleloadingForum.com.

Interested in selling your forum?

Group Builder actively acquires online discussion forums, no matter the topic or activity. E-mail us today to start the conversation!

Email
forums @ groupbuilder .com

Yep, there is more than one forum that they own.
Often the old owner stays as head of the volunteer staff, so the forum doesn't change much at all. And like here, if the mods want to stay and educate me on the DoomsdayPepper ways, they will be welcome. So will the members that want to stay and keep going as they were.

I'm one on the Mods here, I've been the most active for over a year now. Rononsteel is the other active Mod, other than Clyde.

None of us has gotten a heads up or a private introduction from you or anyone else that's new, as far as I'm aware of. I have not made a decision to change my status or relationship with DDPF yet. I would need to know of the duties and rules that a Mod is asked to maintain, first. Also what changes have been made and what further changes are planned?

All rather Orwellian methinks , hey ho lets see what happens. Anyway worst case scenario is we end up moving to underground forums , message / e mail groups that are invite only like some other prepper forums I'm vaguely aware of. at the end of the day our collective opsec is garbage if we utilise public forums like DPF.

Latest posts

Back