Forum changes, what do you guys think?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was all very abrupt and disconcerting for me. I was composing a post midday yesterday and hit the Insert Image button and nothing happened. I kept hitting it and nothing would happen. I thought I had a virus.

Just as I was freaking out, I hit something else and got the message that that site was being upgraded and would be back up by 1500 Eastern. 1500 Eastern came and went and I still couldn't get in.

This morning when I first got up, I got to the new site, but I got into an infinite login loop for a few minutes and then it threw me back to the old site. I'm just now able to get back on after trying all day yesterday and today.

I'm too old for this shite.

The silver medal by my username means I am a paying member. Or was, I have no idea what that means now.

I guess Clyde had to go into his bunker immediately.

I am willing to bet Non-Disclosure clause is in effect. Non-compete and no talking to members prior to sale. This forum is just one of many business and is just a bottom line operation. If the forum makes them money, great, if not adios.

Looks okay to me. Then again this is my first day here and never saw the old forum software. But seriously I have been on two forums that upgraded to this software, and while it takes a little getting used to I am sure you will all adapt very quickly. Not that my word carries any weight here, but @Angie is good people.

All rather Orwellian methinks , hey ho lets see what happens. Anyway worst case scenario is we end up moving to underground forums , message / e mail groups that are invite only like some other prepper forums I'm vaguely aware of. at the end of the day our collective opsec is garbage if we utilise public forums like DPF.

Hate to ask...DPF?

As per the header guys, what do you think about the change in ownership and management and style of forum. I like the technical updates thanks Angie baby, But part of the forums appeal is it was set up by a very respected prepper / survivalist whose reputation was well earned, it was a prep forum by preppers for preppers, now its different. so what do you my peers think??
Thank You.

So far I'm not too impressed. I'll give it awhile before I decide to stay on. Part of my decision on whether to stay or go is if they place restrictions on what we're allowed to say in our comments. We all dissagree at times, but for the most of the time we're still respectful of each other's views.
We shall see how my last comments are received
1593444526362.png

One thing I don't like is it doesn't show you date/time on people's posts. So if I come to an old thread I don't know if it was a week ago or 5 years ago that someone posted.

One thing I don't like is it doesn't show you date/time on people's posts. So if I come to an old thread I don't know if it was a week ago or 5 years ago that someone posted.
Check your preferences. It does for me and should for everyone, unless it's not enabled

Here is an example from a longer time frame. And are you on a phone or laptop? What browser?

1593650558622.png

@KateMTx Isn't new software fun when it moves things around. Be sure to know that watching a forum and watching a thread are shown on the top bar right of each of their main divisions. That moved from the last version.

Latest posts

Back