Fortitude Ranch

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If their was an affordable ranch that you beloved suited your needs would you join

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Evanxx

Reaction score
What’s up everyone! I’m just getting into the “prepper” mindset and have a few questions.
whats your opinion on the fortitude ranch and other communities like this?
If you were in charge of the fortitude ranch what would you add to their ranch that they aren’t doing or what would you take away? In your opinion what’s the ideal population you need to sustain the community and why you believe that number is correct.
The pros and cons of a community like this.
If you were able to stick a small cabin at this ranch where you could store most of your supplies what would a place like this be worth to you?
All opinions and thought welcome!

No, I’m just interested in the concept of a community. It seems way more effective to be apart of a well operated community rather than doing it with a few buddies. As I said I’m newer to this community and thought I would ask people that have been doing this for years their opinions on the concept.
Just trying to learn brother.

any sort of group in my country is going to be family groups and family only.
I've tried starting prepper groups and they all fall apart long before any event happens.
post event is not the time to start trusting strangers, there is an old prepper saying: "if you don't know them, haven't worked with them or spent time with them, then DONT TRUST THEM", that's a saying I live by, and it goes ten fold in any survival situation.

I can agree with you on not trusting a person after a event.
It sounds like if you were able to find a trust worthy group that could sustain up until “the day” you would do it.
Why do you believe the group you put together fell apart? Difference of opinion, lack of dedication from individuals or???
To me yes it’s a RISK trusting people and living in a community but on the other hand I see a risk in small numbers.
How do you weigh that risk?? It’s almost damned if you do damned if you don’t.

"Hey guys, not an FBI agent here! We should meet up and stockpile weapons. Does anyone wanna... ya know... *nudge -nudge* *wink-wink* plan a... you know? *wink-wink*. Who else here is a huge fan of the klu kluts klam? I can't be the only one. Phew, after a hard day of white supremacist, I sure do like to go the 4chan, and drink HitlerDidNothingWrong (Mountain Dew) amirite? Hey, does anyone wanna come to this honey-pot?"

He means that you come here with something far too 'public'. #1 rule in prepping to keep quiet. If you broadcast that you have stores of food & such, guess where thieves NOW are going to target, and guess where post-SHTF everyone will flock to? Sorry.

Having prepper neighbors is great. But shut up about it is his point.

The fortitude ranch has been on Fox News as well as many other media outlets. I’m not revealing a big secret brother.They actually advertise.(which to me is stupid) I completely understand you don’t want to “flash what you have “ it makes you a target. I totally understand that. I’m just talking about 2 different concepts and the benefits and drawbacks to each one. Talking about the concepts doesn’t make you vulnerable .

The fortitude ranch has been on Fox News as well as many other media outlets. I’m not revealing a big secret brother.They actually advertise.(which to me is stupid) I completely understand you don’t want to “flash what you have “ it makes you a target. I totally understand that. I’m just talking about 2 different concepts and the benefits and drawbacks to each one. Talking about the concepts doesn’t make you vulnerable .

Okay, here is my opinion on the Prepper Group thing.
1) If you don't live there, chances of getting there in a true SHTF event, is slim to none. === Negative
2) If you don't own it, then it can go away -- owner files BK, sells the assets back to himself and then just walks away with your investments.=== Negative
3) SHTF and you finally make it there and they won't let you in, because they have decided to keep it all for themselves. === negative
4) For this plan to work, it requires too many participants, which violates any OPSEC.===Negative
5) Just because somebody wants to prep and can afford to buy in, does not make them 'Good People". ===Negative

Now I could go on but I think you can see my point. Anybody setting up a 'Fortitude Ranch" type venture is an unknown and you simply do not trust your life and the lives of your family on unknowns. Trust only those you know and love, everybody else is an unknown and a risk, you do not want to take.

No thanks. I've never been a follower and I don't like groups of strangers. In my situation it's just me, the wife and dog to look out for. And my wife travels for work for 6+ months a year. We have let family know that they are welcome to come here if there's ever an emergency. There are times when I'd like to have some help around here though. It's taken years to get our homestead where it's almost self sufficient.

Places like this ranch are just honey-pots for fed fly's to collect info, and create profiles on innocent people, while trying to find that one weak link to agree to a pre-scripted act of terror, that the "heroic" FBI stops, seconds before it happens (or doesn't stop like the Boston bombings... whoops). Then the whole thing gets shut down, and people who weren't involved, and didn't even know, get screwed. When the shtf, I'm going to the most uncomfortable, destitute, and human devoid place on Earth, to stick it out. I wanna make sure I am in a place that has water, but only just enough for me to survive difficultly.

Okay, here is my opinion on the Prepper Group thing.
1) If you don't live there, chances of getting there in a true SHTF event, is slim to none. === Negative
2) If you don't own it, then it can go away -- owner files BK, sells the assets back to himself and then just walks away with your investments.=== Negative
3) SHTF and you finally make it there and they won't let you in, because they have decided to keep it all for themselves. === negative
4) For this plan to work, it requires too many participants, which violates any OPSEC.===Negative
5) Just because somebody wants to prep and can afford to buy in, does not make them 'Good People". ===Negative

Now I could go on but I think you can see my point. Anybody setting up a 'Fortitude Ranch" type venture is an unknown and you simply do not trust your life and the lives of your family on unknowns. Trust only those you know and love, everybody else is an unknown and a risk, you do not want to take.
You make great points and if I could play devils advocate just for the sake of greater understanding because I value other people’s perspectives .
Let’s talk about 1. IF you were within a certain proximity from the destination I would argue it is very possible. I’m definitely not talking about a 22 hour drive. I’m talking about a 6-8 or less.
2) if you bought a subdivided parcel similar to a gated community you would own it but could they take it away from you as easily as if you didn’t? Sure.
3) IMO it risky being a small group and it’s risky in a large group. A small group can easily be overcome and a large group has the potential to fall apart .
4) I completely understand your 5th point. And If you were to “network” and find skilled individuals that were essential to the functionality of the community would you still be against the concept? It basically breaks down to every member is need to make the community function.

No thanks. I've never been a follower and I don't like groups of strangers. In my situation it's just me, the wife and dog to look out for. And my wife travels for work for 6+ months a year. We have let family know that they are welcome to come here if there's ever an emergency. There are times when I'd like to have some help around here though. It's taken years to get our homestead where it's almost self sufficient.
You wouldn’t necessarily be a follower but I get your point. You want to be in control of your own destiny 100%. What are the drawbacks you see being in a small group?

Latest posts

Back