forgot to introduce my self

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

A True Doomsday Prepper
Reaction score
i was born in californa.moved to texas when i 3 years old.i've spent some summers in orlando fl.lived in goshen ohio.but came back to texas every time.. now i live in east texas.and now im getting real intrested in the prepping i need to do if the shtf.i've bought some items thats good for prepping before joining this forum.but only if we're not hit with emp..i've stocked up on some can and dry foods when ever i can before i even knew i was prepping..i ordered some tobaco seeds just the other day for bartering with after i've grown enough tobaco..

i was born in californa.moved to texas when i 3 years old.i've spent some summers in orlando fl.lived in goshen ohio.but came back to texas every time.. now i live in east texas.and now im getting real intrested in the prepping i need to do if the shtf.i've bought some items thats good for prepping before joining this forum.but only if we're not hit with emp..i've stocked up on some can and dry foods when ever i can before i even knew i was prepping..i ordered some tobaco seeds just the other day for bartering with after i've grown enough tobaco..
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

If you are asking me Kenny, that is Chloe. She is an American Pit Bull Terrier, it's just kind of a bad picture of her.
This is me and her.

If you are asking me Kenny, that is Chloe. She is an American Pit Bull Terrier, it's just kind of a bad picture of her.
This is me and her.
I have one of those, best dog ever
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365795215.831927.jpg

I love them. I was raised with the breed. My grandfather brought over his big male and 3 bitches and continued his line. My 4 girls are from that original line from Ireland. My uncles and cousins on my Mom's side still raise that line and occasionally bring in other lines to strengthen the blood. I know it's frowned upon, but my Grandda was a dogman and his dogs did what they were bred to do, but when they were home, they were the kids' dogs, they were right there beside us, slept next to us, nothing got close to us. I can't imagine not having a pit bull in my life.

Pits use to be called "the nanny dogs" because of how protective they were around children. It's too bad people took advantage of that and trained them to fight. Dogs are truly remarkable animals.

Unfortunately they didn't need to be trained to fight. They are a terrier breed and it does come naturally to them. Man has manipulated that instinct to suit their own entertainment. The pit bull type dog was used to hunt and hold wild boar and bear and then to bait bears for entertainment. When bear baiting became illegal, they used bulls, when baiting became illegal, the pit bull actually had a respectable job on the farm and in the work place. On the farm, the dog was used to help move large stock, in the butcher's, the dog was used to hold the animal while the butcher did the slaughtering. Of course it didn't take men long to figure out that they could still make money off of these dogs, they'd pick the most animal aggressive ones and pit them against each other. They'd breed the winners and so the story goes. Human aggression was never tolerated in the breed, if a dog was aggressive towards a person, that was a death sentence for the animal. That's why most of the time when you see all the headlines of pit bull attacks, most are cross breeds or something else entirely.

My girls will squabble from time to time and I'll break them up. I'm not afraid to stick my hands in there to do so. Now if it's some of the other dogs, there is no way in hell my hands are going near their mouths. I've only been bite one time by a pit bull and it was my fault. I sat on him by accident and hurt him and I got nipped. I've been bite bad by other breeds because they will redirect onto humans.

Unfortunately they didn't need to be trained to fight. They are a terrier breed and it does come naturally to them. Man has manipulated that instinct to suit their own entertainment. The pit bull type dog was used to hunt and hold wild boar and bear and then to bait bears for entertainment. When bear baiting became illegal, they used bulls, when baiting became illegal, the pit bull actually had a respectable job on the farm and in the work place. On the farm, the dog was used to help move large stock, in the butcher's, the dog was used to hold the animal while the butcher did the slaughtering. Of course it didn't take men long to figure out that they could still make money off of these dogs, they'd pick the most animal aggressive ones and pit them against each other. They'd breed the winners and so the story goes. Human aggression was never tolerated in the breed, if a dog was aggressive towards a person, that was a death sentence for the animal. That's why most of the time when you see all the headlines of pit bull attacks, most are cross breeds or something else entirely.

My girls will squabble from time to time and I'll break them up. I'm not afraid to stick my hands in there to do so. Now if it's some of the other dogs, there is no way in hell my hands are going near their mouths. I've only been bite one time by a pit bull and it was my fault. I sat on him by accident and hurt him and I got nipped. I've been bite bad by other breeds because they will redirect onto humans.
I think all dogs are born good, it's the training or lack of training that makes them "bad". Been around many many breeds, my mom was a dog rescue volunteer. I've about seen it all lol

There are a few breeds that I won't have on my place and it's simply because of what has been done to them in the way of overbreeding and poor breeding. You can't be sure of the animal's temperament unless you know the lines and trust the breeders explicitly. There are a couple of lines out there now that are getting known for human aggression and are being advertised for that very thing that should have been culled immediately.

Latest posts

Back