forgot to introduce my self

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dickens scene 003.JPG

thats my baby girl.smoky the pomaranion..pic turned out bigger then planned

me too..i grew up with dogs.we've had i don't know how many diffrent breeds through the years.and they've always been a part my life.the one have now.getting her is the best thing i could of done when it comes to my mom..she was saying i dont another dog,and she pretty much put her foot down with that.then i brought smokie home (my dog)..that changed every thing..

There are a few breeds that I won't have on my place and it's simply because of what has been done to them in the way of overbreeding and poor breeding. You can't be sure of the animal's temperament unless you know the lines and trust the breeders explicitly. There are a couple of lines out there now that are getting known for human aggression and are being advertised for that very thing that should have been culled immediately.
Which dogs are you speaking of? I always thought Pitts. My last dog was a Doberman whom I named Tess. She was the sweetest and most loving dog I every owned. She loved to sit in my lap when I watched TV at night. I also have to say that she was raised in a child care environment. I saw a kid once stick her finger up Tess' nose and all she did was give that child an indignant stare. I was rushing to prevent the law suit but my dog somehow knew it was a child and didn't hurt it. Don't you really miss the best dog's you've ever had?

I feel older than God and I know I'm poorer than dirt.
With that said, welcome to the group.
I would like to know you. I don't have the time to read every post but Lord knows I'm trying. I know poor, and have known worse than poor. I haven't learned how to reach into people's bio yet. Tell me about yourself if you want. I promise I won't spread it around. lol

I don't want Chow Chows on my place and I'm not real crazy about Samoyeds either.

As to Pit Bulls, I've been raised with them since I was a baby, I've bred them myself, and we just had one surrendered to us a couple days ago, so that makes 5 of them currently passed out on the sofa at the moment.

I don't want Chow Chows on my place and I'm not real crazy about Samoyeds either.

As to Pit Bulls, I've been raised with them since I was a baby, I've bred them myself, and we just had one surrendered to us a couple days ago, so that makes 5 of them currently passed out on the sofa at the moment.
I would be afraid to walk into your house simply because of their reputation, bad guys will feel the same I'm sure.

I just want my country to get back on track. Stop trying to be big brother to the rest of the world. I want them to help Americans get back on track so that they can enjoy the freedoms and liberties of the American life style.
I want our leaders to honor and follow our constitution. Is that so much?

I don't think it's too much to ask but it sure seems like it is for some of the dumb asses in Washington.

Uncle Albert, my service dog will be with me at the get together and she is an American Pit Bull Terrier. I promise she won't eat you or anyone you love. I know the reputation they have and most of the time it is undeserved and in Chloe's case it is. I hope you'll give her a chance.

I just want my country to get back on track. Stop trying to be big brother to the rest of the world. I want them to help Americans get back on track so that they can enjoy the freedoms and liberties of the American life style.
I want our leaders to honor and follow our constitution. Is that so much?
The American public really has such a limited amount of power. They say "get out there and vote". But do you really get to choose the people you are voting for? Do you ever get to talk to any of your representives? They are too busy unless you belong to a huge organization which has clout.
My biggest desire is that some day John/Jane Public has the ability to vote on how our tax dollars are being spent. If we could vote online on all the spending bills our government spending would plummet! Our personal taxes would drop by at least 75% because we would stop waste, corruption and useless spending. But the politicians will never relinquish that power and give it back to the public. They control your money and they control you!

how many dogs have you got Anorak, I love dogs, ive had dogs all my life, working collies, Labradors, German shepherds and Jack Russells

Mike, at present count there are: 5 American Pit Bull Terriers, 4 Miniature Dachshunds, 1 Boxer, 1 Puggle, 1 German Shepherd, 1 German Shepherd/Golden Retriever cross, and 1 APBT / Great Dane cross. So we have 14 dogs, I have no idea on cats, they come and go in the barn and outbuildings, a fair sized flock of chickens, ducks, geese, 2 pigs, 7 goats, 13 horses one of them will be shipped soon, a sun conure, a snake, a chinchilla, a cockatiel, and God only knows what else is lurking around here!

We also have plenty of acreage for everything. Our dogs are not allowed to run loose even though we are in the country, my hubs and I fenced off almost an acre for them to roam when they aren't out with us on other parts of the farm. Living out where we do, people tend to dump dogs and cats thinking that they'll fend for themselves, they seem to find their way to our house most of the time.

you must have a fair spread to accommodate all the animals ,, my ideal place by the sound of it , only thing missing is a fishing hole

Thank you Mike. Yeah, there's a few. I have this thing about animals. I like them better than people most of the time and to be perfectly honest, it's better therapy for me to go out and pet and talk to something than it is for me to talk to a therapist. My doctor seems to think I have PTSD due to being attacked at work and wants me to 'talk' to someone about it. I do, I go out and talk to one of the horses, or to a goat during milking times, or the chickens, or whoever doesn't run from me, lol!

We've got a fair bit of land, a lot of it is wooded and not good for row crops, but that's okay with me. Oh there are places to fish within hobbling distance, in fact I did a little fishing this morning before I went to the doctor's. Didn't catch anything, but that's alright, I was just enjoying the morning with my dog.

If that's the therapy that works for you sis, animals are always good listeners, n they don't talk back. Why pay some quack lots of money, I hope your self therapy is helping. Hope you don't mind me calling you sis.

I don't mind in the least Mike. And I knew I was forgetting a critter! We've got rabbit hutches in our chicken runs! Okay, I think that covers it.

Having the animals kind of ties us down here most of the time, but to be honest, I really don't like going many places. The animals do work for me and I'll be honest, we do eat a fair few of them as well, this isn't a petting zoo. Everything is treated well, but everything has a purpose.

Latest posts

Back