"Forced" Bug Out Practice...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh yeah im sure there is others that do drills.in my case for now...i look around and check things out when i go outside.more so then ever.on account we went from leafs on the tress,to no leafs on the tress.and obviously enough that changes the scenery..so im getting use to the looks of things thats away from the home.i live in the country.so i get to stand in the street most times. thats when i just stand there and look at the house,while looking for faults in my situation.take the yard for example.i can see that i have a routine when it comes to walking around the home checking things out..i also have 2 routes i take to go out to check the mailbox.all thats HAS got to change big time.

It was 2011, we were living just outside of Wichita when a tornado came through and ruptured the gas line in our neighborhood, too. We got the heck outta dodge, headed to a cabin about an hour away before another twister came through. Had a storm shelter at the house but still didn't feel safe with the gas line leaking all over so the cabin it was. We got lucky that time. Even the second twister missed our house. Having backups to backups pays.

I never did this in the early days of prepping and I wouldn't bother now. I moved around so much in my younger life it's like I was always bugging out. Besides, unless you do the bugout practice during a hurricane it probably isn't too valid :)

Go easy on me. As you can see from my avatar, I'm a woman today

Latest posts

Back