For those planning to attend the meet and greet

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old_anorak

Prepping Goddess
Reaction score
For the moment, this pertains mostly to the East side meet and greet. I need to get something of an idea as to how many to expect so that we can find a place that will work the best for us. The last thing any of us wants is to have this thing at a campground with only 20 sites for tents and none for RV's and then have 40 people show up with their families and several people in RV's.

Most campgrounds will allow up to 2 tents at each site so if you want to buddy up with someone, fine with us, we just need a head count.

Also, if you need electricity for your campsite, please let me know. I know some people need a CPAP at night and electricity is a must.

So please, if you think you are going to attend, or you know you are going to attend, I really need you to take a minute and reply here and give us an idea as to how many will be in your group.

Thanks a lot and I really look forward to meeting as many of you as possible!

Good point. I think we should bear in mind the higher possibility of turnout while looking for places. If we have more room than necessary, it will be fine.

I do think we should pin these two posts, though. I'll get a hold of Clyde about that. I want these to be the first two at least in the M&G section, and possibly the main page could have a banner.

is this the one thats gonna take place in august and KY? or is this a diff one?

Car pool is a misnomer, it is when you fill the back of a pickup truck with rubber lining and fill that sum of a *&^%$ with water. Just joking. I am starting a new farm apprenticeship in July, but hopefully they are nice enough to let me come by in August for a few days.

We'll get a car pool thread going here soon, don't worry.

if ya find out any thing before i do..by all means let my know..and if things change i'll let ya know..and i need to set it up where someone comes over to check on my mom time to time and to bring her mail to her..

It's the one in August and Kentucky jim, so I'll see you there.;)
Last talk with Alabaster and Old_Anorak the US will be split into 4 sections NW, SW, NE and SE. A post on the different states in each section will be posted. Any one is free to attend what ever section meet they want, We are just trying to make it easier for members to attend by having 4 sections. That way no one will have to go as far as if we only have 2 sections. Old_Anorak and I will be trying to get the SE section together. We will have to find a place that will accomadate all that will come. I think Alabaster is trying to get a thread up that whoever is planing on comming will be able to put their names in the hat. To me that's a great idea. That way we will know how many to plan for. I just wish members would put a more local area they are from. Somewhere USA, Anywhere, USA, North American Continnent doesn't t let us know where the hell they are from. Like at least put the state and biggest city near you. We can't know how many members are in one section if they don't tell us ( don't worry about big brother, he already knows where you're at). Also we will need to know if you're comming in an RV or will be tent camping. We want to have enough space for everyone.

We are not gonna be able to make it. We have prior commitments at the beginning of August so will not be able to take any additional time off work to get away. :(

We are not gonna be able to make it. We have prior commitments at the beginning of August so will not be able to take any additional time off work to get away. :(
Thanks for letting us know. If plans change for you, let us know. Keep reading the post and keep up to what is happening. We are still glad to have you on the forum. You have given alot of good advise that has helped us. Thanks again.

hahaha, well, if you are showing up today, have FUN! If y'all could be so kind as to pick up all the deadwood in the front that would be awesome! I haven't had time yet to go pick up all the fallen branches from the winter and the recent storms! Feel free to use that deadwood for some firestarting exercises :D And if you decide to do any target practice....the spinners and other stuff is up by the trees...grab a chair or two from behind the shed, set up and have at it...and feel free to leave your brass behind!

Latest posts

Back