For those about to prep...

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kristen, whether or not you bug out or where you go will be tailored to your own needs. Ask yourself if you would be safe from looters, weather, what have you where you are at now. If the answer is no, then consider places that you could go where you would be welcome and that would be safe; grandparents, other relative, friend, a place of your own that is safe since you said you were planning to move out on your own.

Thanks so much do you have any ideas of were a person should go in a bug out situation
I agree in full with old_anorak.
Your situation, and what you desire to accomplish will dictate where you go and how you get there.
this is an area that I continuously evaluate. One day I think I will stay put the next I want to bug out. one of my determining factors will be the strength of the earthquake, as I prepare for earthquakes.

What if you are planning for government tyranny. there is no safe place then. Or is there? please in need of ideas of were to go in this case

This is just my opinion and what I plan to do. I live in the ### end of the boonies and I fly under the radar as much as possible. No credit cards to track, yada yada yada. I try very hard not to leave a trail. Do you know anyone that lives out in the country that is doing their own thing, like homesteading or something like that? Do you have interest in living in the country and having few neighbors?

Any more with the drones and other crap the government uses at their discretion, the only safe place may well be holed up somewhere under a rock. I would love to live farther away from people if I could, in fact it may happen when my hubs retires from his job. That won't be for awhile yet, but we can get things rolling now.

One of the best things you can do for yourself right now is to stay out of debt. Save money and pay for things with cash. The way the economy is going, you need to be set up to survive if you lose most of your income and you can't do that with car payments and credit card bills.

Some people think that they can just throw stuff in a back pack and live off the land and no one will find them. Bullshit. There are so few places that you can do that anymore, unless maybe Alaska. Almost all land is privately owned and unless you know who owns it and have their express permission to be there, you are looking at jail time or being shot for trespassing. State and national parks are no good if we still have any form of government because with the droughts any sign of smoke is investigated. And you will still need an income from something so you can buy the things you can't get from the land.

Are you locked into staying in Texas? Are you flexible enough to move to find work?

What if you are planning for government tyranny. there is no safe place then. Or is there? please in need of ideas of were to go in this case
This is an area of great concern to me as I live in a VERY populated area, and I don't trust any of my neighbors.... Hell I don't even know their names.
This is just my opinion and what I plan to do. I live in the ### end of the boonies and I fly under the radar as much as possible. No credit cards to track, yada yada yada. I try very hard not to leave a trail. Do you know anyone that lives out in the country that is doing their own thing, like homesteading or something like that? Do you have interest in living in the country and having few neighbors?

Any more with the drones and other crap the government uses at their discretion, the only safe place may well be holed up somewhere under a rock. I would love to live farther away from people if I could, in fact it may happen when my hubs retires from his job. That won't be for awhile yet, but we can get things rolling now.

One of the best things you can do for yourself right now is to stay out of debt. Save money and pay for things with cash. The way the economy is going, you need to be set up to survive if you lose most of your income and you can't do that with car payments and credit card bills.

Some people think that they can just throw stuff in a back pack and live off the land and no one will find them. Bullshit. There are so few places that you can do that anymore, unless maybe Alaska. Almost all land is privately owned and unless you know who owns it and have their express permission to be there, you are looking at jail time or being shot for trespassing. State and national parks are no good if we still have any form of government because with the droughts any sign of smoke is investigated. And you will still need an income from something so you can buy the things you can't get from the land.

Are you locked into staying in Texas? Are you flexible enough to move to find work?
Very well said old_anorak!
I have almost complete convinced my wife that we need to go live in the boonies.... of course her sticking point is she wants to stay put until the kids get out of high school.... sigh.... So as for me I am looking at purchasing land now, and praying nothing happens until the kids get out of high school.....I am not sure the best place to live, but I do know I need to go somewhere with some decent rain fall or snow fall, as the desert is obviously inhospitable to people. I have looked at parts of Utah, and Northern Nevada. I guess if all else fails the afore mentioned Alaska is always an option.
Of course I also hope that in the near future we get a president who is not afraid to use his pen and undo the damage that has been done by some of the more recent presidents.

Latest posts

Back