WTF!?!? For our Canadian friends..."Molon Labe" gun banned

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More insanity coming from the 'elite' of the RCMP....

I just seen this for the first time yesterday, absolutely nonsense. I hated Harper but at least he wouldn't touch the guns "issue", not that there is an issue for the legal owners. Get your papers and store them safely and the government needs to bugger off.

They want to get rid of the guns from the criminals by making more laws and trying to get rid of more guns. Criminals don't follow laws, so a law to keep guns out of their hands will never work, why would they waste our time and money.

This is one of many reasons why we don't have a national police force like the RCMP. Don't get me wrong, I have great respect for the RCMP but in the last 40 or 50 years it has become a major political bureaucracy.
My old boss is retired RCMP and we were discussing the difference between when he started and now, what a difference. They wanted to make it harder to get guns, they succeeded. They wanted to make even harder to get hand guns and again they've succeeded. I can not own a fully automatic firearm and I'm fine with that. I have to prove I'm proficient with a firearm and I'm fine with that. As my ex-boss said, he'd rather someone with a gun come after him over a knife. Any moron can stab our slice, but it takes skill to shoot. Well luck comes into play as well. They need to back off and leave it alone.

My old boss is retired RCMP and we were discussing the difference between when he started and now, what a difference. They wanted to make it harder to get guns, they succeeded. They wanted to make even harder to get hand guns and again they've succeeded. I can not own a fully automatic firearm and I'm fine with that. I have to prove I'm proficient with a firearm and I'm fine with that. As my ex-boss said, he'd rather someone with a gun come after him over a knife. Any moron can stab our slice, but it takes skill to shoot. Well luck comes into play as well. They need to back off and leave it alone.

When I was a kid the RCMP was this majestic figure on a horse, granted Hollywood added to the lore but hey we were kids. After the years wore on and the world has changed I anymore have the same respect for the RCMP leadership as I do politicians given I don't see much of a difference and sadly it's not at the level of respect it once was but I guess the same case can be made for many things. As I till my Wife, all my Heroes are dead and buried and I reckon my generation has come to pass, totally different today and not in a good way.

When I was a kid the RCMP was this majestic figure on a horse, granted Hollywood added to the lore but hey we were kids. After the years wore on and the world has changed I anymore have the same respect for the RCMP leadership as I do politicians given I don't see much of a difference and sadly it's not at the level of respect it once was but I guess the same case can be made for many things. As I till my Wife, all my Heroes are dead and buried and I reckon my generation has come to pass, totally different today and not in a good way.
I agree, my family is an older one, my mother is number 13 and my grandmother gave birth to 19, 16 survived. Grandmother was born in 1915 so I feel very lucky that the older generations has an influence on me.
I go back to thinking of meeting one of my great uncles, or a distance cousin. He was a Korean vet, and the last time my mother took me over to visit him and his wife he caught me looking at his right ear. The top portion was missing, I was told by my uncle's that it was from a bullet, a close call by the stories. He didn't say anything but he could see I had questions, but I was afraid to ask.

Two generations down the line has an effect on the vision. Growing up the RCMP were held in high regard, I will always appreciate any person who puts on that or any uniform will the sole responsibility to protect those who need protection. Especially in Moncton NB because of those officers who were killed in an ambush, 5 killed in one day.
I suppose it comes down to what we as citizens allow our politicians to do. They have to apply the law that goes through. People are still getting arrested for cannabis and it's going to be made legal in April or may.

As fun as that sounds, and no that sounds horrible, though he would dismantle the welfare state that's eating us from within. It could never happen. There is not one chance he would be able to speak conversational French in the next couple of years. He could not do it, be able to speak "Quebecois". So at this point it's all about the headlines and nothing more.

Speaking French is a prerequisite to be an MP (member of Parliament) or the Prime Minister. You don't have to speak it overly well but you must be able to speak French. My cousin's who are Acadian, French in there own right, my father included, he didn't start speaking English until he was 18 when he joined the military and they made him learn English, they don't speak French up to Quebecois standards. Quebec is very protective of there language. Unlike France who will add English words when something new is invented, Quebeckers make up a new French word for it.

Latest posts

Back