Footwear

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are for sure not a winter boot, as they are breathable nylon. These are mainly for urban tactical operations, however U.A does make a winter boot. Altitude, I'm not really sure, besides temp, what effect altitude has.
The reason I mentioned it was because shoes today are not sewn to the bottom anymore, they are glued. I was reading of a guy in a sub tropical climate with a pair of hiking boots on that the soles came off due to heat. If the glue gave due to eat then how would material react with altitude. It was just a thought.

The reason I mentioned it was because shoes today are not sewn to the bottom anymore, they are glued. I was reading of a guy in a sub tropical climate with a pair of hiking boots on that the soles came off due to heat. If the glue gave due to eat then how would material react with altitude. It was just a thought.
I'm sure if the new way of construction is glued and not sewn, these are likely the same, I honestly don't keep a pair of boots that long, my days in the jungle are thankfully long gone. I did however walk 18 miles at Zion National Park, in the Narrows, which consisted of knee deep water the entire way, and they held up just fine.

Latest posts

Back