Footwear

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really really like Oakley combat boots, and i have worn many boots during my 12 years as a combat engineer. Also, as Clyde stated, Bates are awesome.

I really really like Oakley combat boots, and i have worn many boots during my 12 years as a combat engineer. Also, as Clyde stated, Bates are awesome.
Love Bates! Wore em for my time in the Marines and still do. They last forever. But be sure to break em in before heavy use!

Ok so Ive never been in the military...but the best pair of boots Ive ever had were the brand Ariat...its a horse tack brand...I wore them 6-7days a week almost all day for about 3 years. Most comfortable shoes ever....they have holes in them (they are leather and would have kept longer had I oiled them properly) I still wear them when the ground is dry out. LOVE THEM....went camping/hiking with them once, never had a problem with hurting feet or anything

One of the best things that the Army had was the Mickey Mouse Boots.
mickey-black-new-gallery2.jpg

They kept this Florida Boy's feet toasty warm when others feet was cold.

When we were out in the field... I wore them and was told that wearing them wasn't authorized. I would just reply "Oh... they're not authorized to be worn... wow." And I would walk away.

I also remember not being able to wear a field jacket because it wasn't the correct season ... even though there was snow on the ground! And I remember not being able to wear a rain coat or poncho because it wasn't the "Uniform for the day". But I digress....

What kind of footwear do you have for a bugout situation? I bought some tennis shoes not long ago that worked good in the store but when I walked down my dirt road they weren't comfortable. I hate shoe shopping so I was just wondering what other people are buying.

Like the poster above, for working on the ranch, or riding, love my Ariat boots.
For the bug out though (which is me trying to get from work back home), I keep a pair of broken in combat boots in the truck. I can wear those for hours and hours without a problem. Have some at home too.

We all have some generic Crocs too, that we usually wear when it is really wet out, and we don't want to ruin other footwear. They are comfy, but I wouldn't "bug out" in them.

I think I am just going to stick to my Ariats. I found some for women the other day that were black, steel toe and waterproof. I'm just waiting on payday now

Got a Pair of Tan Corcoran Boots with the Vibram Soles a few months back. I love it as my primary boots with my Bellevilles as my back-up boots. Got my daughter also a pair of Delta boots, she is adjusting to the weight coz she is used to rubber shoes.

Belleville: http://www.amazon.com/Belleville-390-Weather-Combat-Boot/dp/B000EXVRVY/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1379496127&sr=1-3-fkmr0&keywords=Corcoran Combat Boot Vibram

Corcoran: http://www.amazon.com/Corcoran-Boots-Mens-Military-CV4100-7/dp/B0094U3P18/ref=sr_1_14?s=shoes&ie=UTF8&qid=1379496199&sr=1-14&keywords=Corcoran Combat Boot -belleville -bates -wellco

My like is Bates shoes and boots I wear Bates loafer like shoes. they are leather so they will fit in time but even from the beginning they are good. I have planter itis issues. basically I need arch supports and heel cushion so I use two shoe inserts in the Bates shoes but their is still room for my feet I have picky feet and yet the shoes I have more than one pair works for me. I know if the military use Bates then most feet fit the Bates shoes and boots.

We got a major deal on these canvas ranch shoes once (for the Tack Shop), so we have a bunch in assorted sizes. Come SHTF, I'm sure we'll have lots left, likely for trade.

Army Boots.JPG
These will be my ultimate Bug in or out boots. I have worn them consistantly since they were issued to me in SEP 1966. I've replaced the soles 4 times. They have a lot of milage on them. I only had one small blister on my heel the day I got them, by the next day it was history. These have seen all kinds of terrrian, harsh weather conditons you could imagine. I still wear them today. They are an $8.00 pair of boots Army Issue. All leather upper in a size 9 Narrow. Best boots I ever had and that is why I still have them.

View attachment 1760 These will be my ultimate Bug in or out boots. I have worn them consistantly since they were issued to me in SEP 1966. I've replaced the soles 4 times. They have a lot of milage on them. I only had one small blister on my heel the day I got them, by the next day it was history. These have seen all kinds of terrrian, harsh weather conditons you could imagine. I still wear them today. They are an $8.00 pair of boots Army Issue. All leather upper in a size 9 Narrow. Best boots I ever had and that is why I still have them.

Awesome !!

I wear these for tactical ops, they are great, I've done long movements through rough terrain, as well had to be sneaky. Under Armor Velsetz Venom II
images (2).jpg

I was reading the specs on those. Interesting. Nylon is tuff stuff, but could tend to be hot. Did you find them to be that way?
Not hot at all, they breathe very well, as far as Colt not wanting a low top, these com in a mid and high. I use the low because during ops I also wear shin and knee guards and often have to kneel in awkward positions.

Not hot at all, they breathe very well, as far as Colt not wanting a low top, these com in a mid and high. I use the low because during ops I also wear shin and knee guards and often have to kneel in awkward positions.

Cool, there is a method to madness !

Ok. Also what kind of temperatures and altitudes are they best for? Just curious.
I also understand where Colt is coming from with the ankle support. Do you get a lot of lateral shift with those shoes with a pack?

Ok. Also what kind of temperatures and altitudes are they best for? Just curious.
I also understand where Colt is coming from with the ankle support. Do you get a lot of lateral shift with those shoes with a pack?
They are for sure not a winter boot, as they are breathable nylon. These are mainly for urban tactical operations, however U.A does make a winter boot. Altitude, I'm not really sure, besides temp, what effect altitude has.

View attachment 1760 These will be my ultimate Bug in or out boots. I have worn them consistantly since they were issued to me in SEP 1966. I've replaced the soles 4 times. They have a lot of milage on them. I only had one small blister on my heel the day I got them, by the next day it was history. These have seen all kinds of terrrian, harsh weather conditons you could imagine. I still wear them today. They are an $8.00 pair of boots Army Issue. All leather upper in a size 9 Narrow. Best boots I ever had and that is why I still have them.
They were 8 bucks in 1966, no longer!

Latest posts

Back