Foodsaver died, but...

Prepper & Survivalism Forum

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I have a GameSaver 710. A big unit with dual power 12v120v, specifically made for using the GameSaver heavy duty bags.
I have used it heavily, and it has performed very well, gets a good vacuum, seals reliably, etc. but today I was sealing a bag and I heard a "POP" and it died.
Looking online for help, the first thing I saw was someone that had the same thing happened. FoodSaver answered the review with an "OH NO we're so sorry, CALL US, Here's the number". So I called FoodSaver. I did not think it was still in warranty, and don't have the receipt, of course. But there was no "Tech Support" option, only a "Warranty Service" option so I pressed that.

Turns out they stamp a date code on the AC plug. It's right there on the prong. And to my surprise, it was still in warranty. YEAH!
Although I'm not happy about it dying, I have no complaints whatsoever about their customer support. A new machine will be express shipped to me and then I can ship the bad one back in that box. They emailed me a FedX shipping label. About as painless as it can possibly be.

Acdoctor

God Like
Reaction score
I have a GameSaver 710. A big unit with dual power 12v120v, specifically made for using the GameSaver heavy duty bags.
I have used it heavily, and it has performed very well, gets a good vacuum, seals reliably, etc. but today I was sealing a bag and I heard a "POP" and it died.
Looking online for help, the first thing I saw was someone that had the same thing happened. FoodSaver answered the review with an "OH NO we're so sorry, CALL US, Here's the number". So I called FoodSaver. I did not think it was still in warranty, and don't have the receipt, of course. But there was no "Tech Support" option, only a "Warranty Service" option so I pressed that.

Turns out they stamp a date code on the AC plug. It's right there on the prong. And to my surprise, it was still in warranty. YEAH!
Although I'm not happy about it dying, I have no complaints whatsoever about their customer support. A new machine will be express shipped to me and then I can ship the bad one back in that box. They emailed me a FedX shipping label. About as painless as it can possibly be.
That rarely happens now days, but I’m glad you still had a warranty left. My wife and me have been thru two of the game savers but we vacuum seal a lot of our bulk meat, deer meet and what we can from the garden.

DrHenley

Top Poster
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I went to Walmart and bought an inexpensive compact FoodSaver to use on the small jobs so I can save the GameSaver for the big jobs. Maybe it will let the GameSaver last longer. The small one will only take the 8" bags, but I use those a lot anyhow.