Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been doing some prepping today. Finally got some of my herbs hung and dried last month and they were finished today. I dried some mint leaves for making fresh tea. I dried some nettles for making tea or making rennet for the use in making cheese and mozzarella, and, I dried some sticky cleavers also for making tea or making rennet.
The nice part of sticky cleavers is you can pick them fresh, form them into sort of a birds nest, put them in screen strainer or a noodle strainer and just pour the warm milk over it to collect the rennet directly from the cleavers and make your cheese. The nettles need to be dried for later, but then add water to get the rennet out to make the cheese when needed...
1685454268689.jpeg

Been doing some prepping today. Finally got some of my herbs hung and dried last month and they were finished today. I dried some mint leaves for making fresh tea. I dried some nettles for making tea or making rennet for the use in making cheese and mozzarella, and, I dried some sticky cleavers also for making tea or making rennet.
The nice part of sticky cleavers is you can pick them fresh, form them into sort of a birds nest, put them in screen strainer or a noodle strainer and just pour the warm milk over it to collect the rennet directly from the cleavers and make your cheese. The nettles need to be dried for later, but then add water to get the rennet out to make the cheese when needed...
View attachment 19942
I have been saving seed of some Thistle in case I need to make rennet with herbs, but it makes me nervous.

....not as nervous as cutting the stomach out of a dead calf, though. 😆

But anyway, I would love if you shared your process!

I have been trying to get up to speed on solar technology.
My first stab at it went fairly well, one panel (100 watt monocrystalline) and a cheap controller (worked better than I expected).
Then I started looking into the best way to scale up. And I had to learn about...
Amorphous vs Polycrystalline vs Monocrystalline panels
Parallel vs Serial panel connections
Proper wire sizing
PWM vs MPPT charge controllers

I still have some fuzziness about how the MPPT controllers work exactly, but I understand enough to know that scaling up works much better and is much more efficient with an MPPT controller and serial connections. One of my problems was wiring, specifically the wire required to connect the panels to the controller, which for logistical reasons can't be very close together. I have enough line loss already that using parallel connections will not work because the amperage would exceed the rating for the line. I'd have to run separate wires for each panel to the controller.

Theoretically my new MPPT controller can handle 4 100 watt panels, but I've read some things that make me doubt it can handle more than 3. It is rated for 100v, so I'm going to have to monitor the output of the panels I'm using and see if they ever get over 24 V. So far they haven't but on a cold sunny day they might (have to wait til winter to know for sure). Over 4 panels, I'll definitely need a more expensive controller.

--- Here is a food crisis alert across the globe , though this video is mostly an update on the food shortages in the United States . Especially note the running out of " rice " . Preppers will have to be vigilant as non-preppers get more desperate as prices increase and food supply decreases .

The Republicans surrendering to the Democrats here in the U.S. yesterday will usher in an escalation of the food crisis . Those that only prepared short term will eventually find their short term preparations to be inadequate for what is coming . Their neighbors will not save them from the lean times as fuel for farming equipment is also in jeopardy .

Last edited:
Now the government is beginning to spread a false campaign about nitrogen being harmful!!

1686225451783.png

Britannica

nitrogen (N), nonmetallic element of Group 15 [Va] of the periodic table. It is a colourless, odourless, tasteless gas that is the

most plentiful element in Earth’s atmosphere and is a constituent of all living matter.

Dead planets don’t have nitrogen.

View attachment 19999

The mother WEFers goal, as well as evil Gates, is to take FOOD RAISING 100% away from the people and make us all dependent upon buying their bugs and artificially grown everything!!! Of course complete with any mRNA death crap they choose to force feed us!!
I watched a documentary recently about seeds... I can't remember the name. But it was obviously bent towards the liberal side. It talked about Monsanto, etc. and how they hooked all of these poor farmers in India, Mexico, and other nations on using their seed exclusively.

It's sad because some of these liberals see conservatives at the bad guy and don't even realize they're being duped. Big Ag to them is like Big Pharma to me, but so many don't see that they're all the same.

Reality is slowly becoming more recognizable to those that whose survivability hinges on being able to purchase food as their chance to prepare has now run out . Preppers are having to slowly enter into their survival plans that they have established .while in the meantime watch the unprepared's increasing desperation .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back