Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone loves Sriracha as much as I do, there is a shortage and hard to come by now days. Apparently Thailand had a bad growing season.

Most of Sriracha is processed in a suburb of LA. Green cap, rooster on bottle. Been by the plant, industrial area, but near by homes complain.
The past couple years shortages have been blamed on Mexico growing seasons.
I think Hong Foy (sic) foods has been manufacturing theses shortages To drive up sales.
I did recently pick up a couple large bottles of green Sriracha though.

I checked out the green Sriracha, made in Idaho. Who could of figured?

i always liked green Tabasco and green Emeril is to die for on a simple dish like Tuna noodle casserole

Tapitio was a foreign thing to me 10 years ago, it was always Franks. Now there is 5 different red sauces in the fridge.. Because of the vinegar, they really don’t need to be in fridge.

Everyone in my family but me likes it.
Every family has a black sheep or?? We do not eat anything spicy, a touch of tobasco in the chili, gulasch or such is OK, but spicy hot so your mouth cannot enjoy the taste of the food itself? Not me. I only take warm showers too......

I love to make my own "El Chico" sauce, but will admit Sriracha is a really good back up. Since I do not have anything growing except Jalapenoes this year, I will make something up, but it will not be the same.
I make my own hot sauses too. My favorite blend is a mixture of smoked habanaro, ghost pepper, scorpion pepper, Carolina Reaper and a few other secret ingredients. Very little vinegar. I have over 100 super hot pepper plants, including the 7 pot pepper, started in the house. I also make some mild sauces similar to Tabasco, only better.

I make my own hot sauses too. My favorite blend is a mixture of smoked habanaro, ghost pepper, scorpion pepper, Carolina Reaper and a few other secret ingredients. Very little vinegar. I have over 100 super hot pepper plants, including the 7 pot pepper, started in the house. I also make some mild sauces similar to Tabasco, only better.

You must ferment? That's how I like it. I'm going to attempt making my own this summer.

Every family has a black sheep or?? We do not eat anything spicy, a touch of tobasco in the chili, gulasch or such is OK, but spicy hot so your mouth cannot enjoy the taste of the food itself? Not me. I only take warm showers too......
I agree. I'm not a fan of much heat. Some spice is ok, but I prefer my tongue unblistered.

Here is a quick and easy Tobasco sause recipe, if anyone is interested.

5 ounces - Tabasco peppers chopped (I use habanaros)
1/4 tsp - salt
1 cup - white wine vinegar

1. Add all ingredients to a pot and bring to a quick boil
2. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes
3. Cool and add to food processor. Process until smooth
4. Strain the mixture. Pour in to bottles

I remember 30 years ago when that damn rooster was so hot, you could screw up your whole plate of food if you put one drop too many. They have really watered it down.

Now, back to our regular topic. Look at this!

It's what the demoncrats want to do here. Insanity.

While Joe is in Japan and actually does not know what he should do there and a little aimlessly runs around torches in the U.S. once again something big.
Joe should investigate why so many trains derail and dozens of industrial plants burn down in the USA.

The Russians will not have been very sure, otherwise the message would already make the rounds worldwide, I think times the dark WEF state in the U.S. is behind these fires for the reason it is also tacitly tollerated by Joe.

Latest posts

Back