Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We cannot get SPAM over here, but there is a seldom found equivalent in the Penny and ALDI markets. Mostly we get the 450 gram cans of canned meats in about 6 different types. I haven't had beans&weenies in over 30 years now or vienna sausages. I do make my own sausages and breakfast wieners from the Italian sausage meat.

Another item I would not want to be without is a corn sheller. Can you imagine how slow it would be to shell them by hand?! Plus your hands would be torn up. Corn is very necessary.

1680028801543.png

Another item I would not want to be without is a corn sheller. Can you imagine how slow it would be to shell them by hand?! Plus your hands would be torn up. Corn is very necessary.

View attachment 19410
I have an antique one of those. I keep forgetting to check to see if it works well.

I have an antique one of those. I keep forgetting to check to see if it works well.
We bought one from 1974 and are just renovating it. It is fully functional, 3 1/2 feet tall, has a hand-turned flywheel about 20 inches across and the flywheel is so built that I can hook a electric motor to it also. I am sanding and painting it and will get a photo in soon. We only paid about $10 for it.

This is going to make me sound like the stupidest person alive, but I JUST realized why they are called "rolled oats."

I can't even blame it on not having coffee. It has even been a full 24 hours since it was clearly spelled out for me. Wow.

🤫Go ahead an blame it on not having coffee yet. Nobody will know...LOL
oYnLw3m.jpg

The explosion of a dairy farm is very suspect! And it wasn’t even a year old yet…so new everything. This is being done on purpose!!

Got my hair done today and my stylist told me her family has started raising beef cattle. They were already raising other animals. This is on top of others I’ve spoken to who have begun raising animals they previously didn’t. These Mountain People are preparing like there is no tomorrow! Not all of course, but more than 40% I would say.

. These Mountain People are preparing like there is no tomorrow! Not all of course, but more than 40% I would say.
Same in the Ozarks . Extremely high in preparing for SHTF even before the political coup and the resulting spiral downwards . But now it has risen even higher . My son told me about a week ago of seeing a pickup truck about 3 miles from our survival retreat that looked like something from an apocalypses movie , with built racks around the bed with a lot strapped down fuel cans . -- On the 28 th of this month I have a widow woman coming in who has asked to hook up to one of my camper hook ups until she can get the land she owns adjoining me ready for her camper . She is coming from Texas . She is not the only one bugging into the Ozarks . I foresaw SHTF and permanently bugged in years ago but now many are grasping something is about to happen and are bugging to their chosen location to face the apocalypse . This wave of bugging out will only grow larger .

Last edited:
Don't underestimate mountain people. They often have an fine sense for things who can happen even they can't explain why or what. I call it instinct.
Over here i know a lot of people too who started to storage food or - if it's possible - to grown own food. One year ago you don't even think to talk about "preparing" to them.
Guess it's something in the air.

Last edited:
To me, I cant fathom 18,000 cows in one place at once. My GGF and uncle had a 100 head in their Stantion barns. I used to help a friend milk 400 so he could could hunt with us. I see some 2000 head operations here.
You would have to have 20 people moving them through the parlor only to start all over again.

I've offered to give my neighbors my leftover seeds to plant and help them get started. They asked why.said they don't have time for a garden and one of them have 2 grown children that do nothing all day, one has a part time job at night. The neighbors that are left not prepping are lost and will be a problem for the rest of us.

It’s 820 acres in the middle of nowhere. One freeway exit up from the ranch that originally owned it. They went they ecotourism route, have restaurant, fast food, gas station, worlds largest Tesla charging station. All those facilities are top notch.
They sold off they cattle business a couple years ago. Some other company owns the Harris Ranch name for the beef.

There was an explosion at a dairy farm in Dimmett Texas. The cows were already in the holding area to be milking when a piece of equipment malfunctioned causing the explosion.
This will show how big this area was. An article said Holstiens and Jerseys. It broke my heart knowing how docile these cows are.

Another item I would not want to be without is a corn sheller.
Finally getting around to the sheller. After several projects....here it is with the top off which I already sanded and painted. The flywheel is now rusty-red color again, the top is green and the filler hole and the entire base will be blue again.
1681469315098.jpeg

1681469398866.jpeg

Latest posts

Back