Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! You are all over the coming opportunities!!! What type of dog do you have?
The girl is a poodle. We got her because of the popularity of poodle mixes. She's not a smart poodle, though. I think she's broken.

I know a lot of folks are offended by the so called designer breeds (or mutts!), but I figure if it brings someone happiness, why not?

We have a "free to the sellers" farmer's mkt in the summer, but only about 4 amish lady sellers. I still go every week anyway. At least to buy a fresh pastry. We have a fowl auction once a month that is fun. The amish school sells the supper for their fundraiser. You can bring whatever you want to get rid of for auction. Behind the auction is a separate smaller auction of housewares or building stuff. Or sometimes a case of produce. I just butchered twelve large roosters with my neighbor and her mom. We hatch our own chicks, so I end up with more roosters then needed, and they're all large breed birds, so good for eating. So I gave them all to our neighbor to bring home. She's doing the canning, giving us a few jars, and then giving our widowed neighbor a few jars. The next batch we do, I'll probably grind all the meat and make patties, and then share them. I always need help with the big turkeys. We did extra toms last month...I ground some, our neighbor canned some. They do pigs, so I always get pork. We raise the birds. It's fun to do these things with a few ladies...goes faster and the talk is nice. I've realized that no one wants to do the killing, though, so I'm the designated one.

The gap between the prepared and the unprepared widens as those that depend on buying food find the stores becoming more empty and overpriced , shrinking the value of the dollar . At this point is more than just warning people about what is going to happen , it is happening now in real time . Interesting times ahead for those that took prepping serious , disaster for those that find their dollars are not matching their needs . --- Oh on another note Rice just took a big jump in price and more barring of rice exports to other countries .

I decided against posting the horrific video footage available on " YouTube " for those with a strong stomach , showing the starvation that is " Now " taking place in some countries . It is worse than most imagine as people waste away and die . It is only getting worse and spreading like a medieval disease .

For many I suspect chickens for eggs will become increasingly vital for survival . I also wonder with the war on Chickens that we are seeing " if baby chick sells will be outlawed by the communists " Do any of you guys have any information as to whether baby chick sells will be available next spring ? --- I have chickens but no rooster , but another of my survival tribe does have chickens and a rooster , so I have been contemplating on getting an incubator for " just in case " . I don't want to wait and hope a chicken decides to raise off some chicks as the SHTF situation worsens .

For many I suspect chickens for eggs will become increasingly vital for survival . I also wonder with the war on Chickens that we are seeing " if baby chick sells will be outlawed by the communists " Do any of you guys have any information as to whether baby chick sells will be available next spring ? --- I have chickens but no rooster , but another of my survival tribe does have chickens and a rooster , so I have been contemplating on getting an incubator for " just in case " . I don't want to wait and hope a chicken decides to raise off some chicks as the SHTF situation worsens .
If I had it to do over again, I would have invested in one of those kerosene incubators the Amish use from Lehman's just in case power is inconsistent. We just got a letter in the mail for electric saying our rates are increasing.

We are switching to a couple broody, dual purpose varieties, too.

Do you have Amish in your area? They almost always have extra roos they'll sell.

I am looking at planting strawberries in pots this year because I need the current space for other plants as I expand our garden.

Anyone have a proven type for the southeast? Or growing well in containers?

The Louisiana strawberry grows well in containers.

Latest posts

Back