Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1667651019914.jpeg

And yesterday Biden said in a televised event that he’s stopping ALL coal exploration and ALL oil drilling offshore. Get ready to freeze our ###*s off in the dark, folks. I’m lucky I have wood stoves and enough wood for 2 winters. I feel for people who can’t burn. Rough times ahead.

DO YOU HAVE THESE ITEMS COVERED? They will be hard to get…or too expensive at some point in 2023.

LIST 25

1 meats
🍖

2 milk and dailies
🥛

3 Flour
🍞

4 cereal
🥣

5 Vegetable oils 6 sugar 7 mustard 8 honey
🍯

9 Cherries
🍒

10 coffee
☕

11 wine
🍷

12 potatoes
🥔

13 beer
🍻

14 bananas
🍌

15 chocolate
🍫
16 soybeans
17 strawberries
🍓

18 maple syrup
🍁

19 peanuts
🥜

20 Fish
🐟

21 tomatoes
🍅

22 blueberries
🫐

23 corn
🌽

24 oranges
🍊

25 almonds

DO YOU HAVE THESE ITEMS COVERED? They will be hard to get…or too expensive at some point in 2023.
I GOT ALL THAT, 'CEPT THE BLUEBERRIES AND STRAWBERRIES AND ORANGES
We just got rumor control info that everything here will be more expensive also in '23.

A good number of those I can't eat due to the cancer diet I'm on, but my family and I calculated the number of blueberry bushes we'd need to provide us with the amount we currently eat in a year and I think we came up with over 100 bushes.

It's hard for me to can fruit, though, because I need low sugar recipes and so many (even Pamona's Pectin ones) add some sort of sweetners. Argh!

A good number of those I can't eat due to the cancer diet I'm on, but my family and I calculated the number of blueberry bushes we'd need to provide us with the amount we currently eat in a year and I think we came up with over 100 bushes.

It's hard for me to can fruit, though, because I need low sugar recipes and so many (even Pamona's Pectin ones) add some sort of sweetners. Argh!

Are you growing other fruits too? Whew! That is a lot of blueberry bushes!

I GOT ALL THAT, 'CEPT THE BLUEBERRIES AND STRAWBERRIES AND ORANGES
We just got rumor control info that everything here will be more expensive also in '23.

CurrentIy I only have one orange tree. But am going to go pick up 2 more tomorrow. We all need citrus. I’ve got the lemon trees, but do need to get some oranges growing. Will most likely be adding another greenhouse specifically for citrus trees come March.

Are you growing other fruits too? Whew! That is a lot of blueberry bushes!
We are. We have blackberries, currants, gooseberries, cherries, apples, pears, plums, peaches, persimmons, and paw paws. But I don't think most of them will be ready to produce this year. At least, our peaches and cherries won't be.

To clarify, though, we didn't plant that many blueberries. We have I think 20 total. But I was just shocked at how many we would need.

My citrus trees are smothered in blooms, the currant bushes have green fruit on them, even the apple trees have a few blooms. The veggies are coming on nicely. Expanded the veggie patch to squeeze in sweet potatoes.

We need to get back to everyone growing some amount of food and trading surpluses... but with the way the world is people are working too many hours (or too ignorant/lazy) to grow anything.

LIST 25

1 meats
🍖

2 milk and dailies
🥛

3 Flour
🍞

4 cereal
🥣

5 Vegetable oils 6 sugar 7 mustard 8 honey
🍯

9 Cherries