Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this from another site. I would get whatever you can now, that you will need for the next few years.

I am going to tell you now to stock up on things while it is cheap enough. Both meat and grain. Check and double check for a 3 year rough ride and this is based on the expectation of Fall rains to set us up for Spring. If we don't get that, the markets are going to be rocked.
He and fellow ranchers have sold off the yearlings trying to save feed for the cows so that they can breed. And they are not even sure if that is wise coming into Fall.
And there is no feed. A normal year yields 35 to 40 bushels an acre, the updated forecast for MT is 6 bushels an acre of poor quality grain. This is coming from the 4th largest wheat producer in the Nation. Canada is fairing worse, as is ND. Much of Europe is being flooded out. So, yeah. Increasing demand and poor performance is leading to something bad. My hackles are up on this one.
And it is not just wheat, the Farmers and Ranchers are getting seriously concerned. They tell me it is worse than '88 and they are approaching the nightmare of the great depression. The Government tells us it is worse weatherwise, so far, with tech, they have been hedging. This is no longer viable and people are writing the losses off. The Grasshopper kill has been the nail in what was a hard year. They have stopped spraying to kill them as it is not worth it. As it is it costs 20 bucks an acre to spray on a normal year. They cannot keep doing this.
I am not even sure I want to post this on the main forum yet. But, I love you all and want you to be aware. The press talks about it but, they down play it as not to induce panic, especially since some States are talking lockdowns again.
It's been over a year since OP, how are you seeing things now? (As you shared I dared risk assuming you agreed).

I'm asking as I'm in the UK the only time I've seen a big dent in the shelves was during first covid lockdown, our stores meant we didn't suffer.

I've seen gaps in shelves since but for us Brexit is part of that reason while businesses found alternative products to what was previously available.

I have a bit of a different mindset that, due to urban location I need to think carefully about what is grown, how much is stored.

Here in the United States those working in the energy sector are calculating the running out of diesel around November 24th . Thus big rig trucks will be parked . Deliveries to stores may seize or at best be very limited . So what is taking place is people going though stores piling up their buggies with canned goods and stuff like rice and pasta . So for I haven't seen full blown panic as many simply don't believe their food supply is in jeopardy . By December we may be seeing a mass of hysterical and desperate people .

We didn't just have empty shelves during COVID we had empty stores. More out of curiosity than actually needing anything I went to the store. Zero fresh meat. Most of the frozen was gone too. Same with bread, vegetables, fruits, potatoes, pasta, eggs, milk, butter.

Since
Here in the United States those working in the energy sector are calculating the running out of diesel around November 24th . Thus big rig trucks will be parked . Deliveries to stores may seize or at best be very limited . So what is taking place is people going though stores piling up their buggies with canned goods and stuff like rice and pasta . So for I haven't seen full blown panic as many simply don't believe their food supply is in jeopardy . By December we may be seeing a mass of hysterical and desperate people .

On Thanksgiving day. Oh that will go over well. Black Friday will take on a whole new meaning.

Unfortunately, I don't think the electric service will survive the riots, panic and all of the people who keep it going unable to get to work, once people can't get food. Horses might become the new thing.
When it comes to that, I won’t be going anywhere.

It's been over a year since OP, how are you seeing things now? (As you shared I dared risk assuming you agreed).

I'm asking as I'm in the UK the only time I've seen a big dent in the shelves was during first covid lockdown, our stores meant we didn't suffer.

I've seen gaps in shelves since but for us Brexit is part of that reason while businesses found alternative products to what was previously available.

I have a bit of a different mindset that, due to urban location I need to think carefully about what is grown, how much is stored.
It's getting worse in all area's.
Agenda 2030 report...

Hard to believe how much breakdown in the grains has happened in the last week. Black Sea grain stoppage, Brazil stopping soy exports, Argentina smashed on wheat yields due to drought and Kazakhstan still not exporting leaving our world at the end a functional grain delivery mechanism.

https://www.brighteon.com/ee5ae7ee-7f92-400c-95d1-99a94b7c15e2

Yep, I responded with a "wow" but I totally agree. I really wished that I would never have to live thru all this. I'm getting to be an old woman now days. My kids and grands are also going to be facing all this crap.
I would gladly go through this crap now IF we could guarantee that our grandkids never have to live through a commie/Marxist government in their lifetime.

1667471466118.png

I would gladly go through this crap now IF we could guarantee that our grandkids never have to live through a commie/Marxist government in their lifetime.
That's the one thing that has me determined to outlive my prognosis. I can't die and leave my husband and kids to deal with all of this without me. When my time comes, I know where I'm going but I have work to do here.

Latest posts

Back