Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something that I found interesting about a week ago was honey for sale at $30.00 a quart . Granted this was pure unadulterated honey , not the watered down honey " Biden honey " found selling for less in grocery stores . Hopefully I will be able to rob my own hive in a month or two and harvest my own pure unadulterated honey .

I can buy local honey here for $10 to $12 a quart.

We have 4 hives set up now. They're all doing great so far. Next week we'll be adding a second supper on 3 of our hives. I don't know if we'll get any honey this year because the bees may need all of it to make it through the long winter. We're still feeding the bees because it's been so cold this spring, with lots of snow.

Don't know much about bees, just without bees and ants, life would stop existing fast. We have many bee farmers here and we can get good quality honey too. In Germany, there was a problem of too much glucose or sugar being cooked to a "golden" color and added to the real honey to get more profit...our honey is from the European "false" acacia, raps, honey locust and elderberry.

The honey I saw at $30.00 a quart was at the feed store put out by a local bee apiary . I sure didn't buy it . A few days ago they briefly mentioned on televised news honey has doubled in price since the first of the year . I have no idea why this would be . This may be something that has not went up in price yet in some areas , so preppers may want to ponder this .--- Also of interest for bee keepers a medium size , 10 frame honey super will yield about 10 quarts of honey if the frames are filled out good . So at $30.00 a quart that comes to $300.00 per medium size super .

Last edited:
Something that I found interesting about a week ago was honey for sale at $30.00 a quart . Granted this was pure unadulterated honey , not the watered down honey " Biden honey " found selling for less in grocery stores . Hopefully I will be able to rob my own hive in a month or two and harvest my own pure unadulterated honey .
I haven't had to buy Hunny for years now, but $30 a quart??? That is outrageous!!!!

Don't know much about bees, just without bees and ants, life would stop existing fast. We have many bee farmers here and we can get good quality honey too. In Germany, there was a problem of too much glucose or sugar being cooked to a "golden" color and added to the real honey to get more profit...our honey is from the European "false" acacia, raps, honey locust and elderberry.
I’d be willing to give life a try without ants, specifically red fire ants.

I’d be willing to give life a try without ants, specifically red fire ants.
I mentioned red fire ants in my survival notes/book. The indians would use them to suture smaller cuts by holding them to the injured place and letting the bite both sides of the skin together, pull of their heads and leaving their heads and jaws there to "sew" the skin together. After 7-8 days, the heads would dry out and fall off. Their weak poison also disinfected the wound area...

Last edited:
I mentioned red fire ants in my survival notes/book. The indians would use them to suture smaller cuts by holding them to the injured place and letting the bite both sides of the skin together, pull of their heads and leaving their heads and jaws there to "sew" the skin together. After 7-8 days, the heads would dry out and fall off. Their weak poison also disinfected the wound area...
Me: Dang, I just cut myself
Medicine Indian: Let’s find a shovel full of red fire ants to put on it.
Me: 😦 Ehh, think imma try some rubbing alcohol, vodka and this bandaid first.
Medicine Indian: Many brave die perfecting cut/fire ant torture treatment.
Me: Put them fire ants back on the shelf next to those leaches.

The Victory Garden

Don’t just Consume, Produce! Our parents did it, and so can we!!

1653409700537.jpeg

“If people let government decide which food they eat and medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny”

Thomas Jefferson
A backyard garden can quite literally feed a whole family. People don’t have to be dependent on international agribusinesses, nutritionally valueless food, grain from Russia or Ukraine, food imports from China and other countries, or even be dependent on high priced organics to feed ourselves and their families. Each of us has the power to create our food from scratch. So, let’s walk through the history of the war gardens in the UK and US, which later evolved into what we know as the victory garden...”

Read the rest on his substack.

The Victory Garden

Don’t just Consume, Produce! Our parents did it, and so can we!!

View attachment 16370

A backyard garden can quite literally feed a whole family. People don’t have to be dependent on international agribusinesses, nutritionally valueless food, grain from Russia or Ukraine, food imports from China and other countries, or even be dependent on high priced organics to feed ourselves and their families. Each of us has the power to create our food from scratch. So, let’s walk through the history of the war gardens in the UK and US, which later evolved into what we know as the victory garden...”

Read the rest on his substack.

Unfortunately, :(we have changed the way we build and live. So many people live on zero lot line homes built on less than 1/10th of an acre now, void of topsoil because the builders scraped it off before digging and then only put some of it back. The footprint of the huge house takes up all but 400 sf or so of the backyard lot...they can probably supplement but not sustain. Every little bit helps though!

Good advice GeorgiaPeachie . I am already seeing panic setting in for some that have failed to produce their own food . With Biden's high gas prices and high food prices , people are struggling to not become homeless . Things are only going to get " much worse " . ---- That is the optimistic outlook . If Puttin begins a Nuclear War on NATO then all food stores will be void of food even if the building survives the blasts . That will end all outside food supplies for the survivors of the nuclear devastation . No running water , electricity or fuel for vehicles will be the new life of the living . That could be our world tomorrow .

Last edited:
Good advice GeorgiaPeachie . I am already seeing panic setting in for some that have failed to produce their own food . With Biden's high gas prices and high food prices , people are struggling to not become homeless . Things are only going to get " much worse " . ---- That is the optimistic outlook . If Puttin begins a Nuclear War on NATO then all food stores will be void of food even if the building survives the blasts . That will end all outside food supplies for the survivors of the nuclear devastation . No running water , electricity or fuel for vehicles will be the new life of the living . That could be our world tomorrow .

It has been publicized that 3/4 of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. Doesn't leave much wiggle room for inflation and crazy fuel prices does it?

I read a book written back in 2006, a Wall Street broker wrote about the stupid bubble which would pop soon because too many houses and realty were being sold to ANYONE, jobless, pennyless and could not read or write...everybody was getting credit just so the bankers could collect their salaries and percentages on the sales.
Two YEARS before it really popped. He also wrote of how EACH AND EVERY DAY!!!!! that the Wall Street assholes would trade gold, silver, orange juice, oats, stocks and bonds. He described how each day that there was enough WHEAT traded on the stock markets in NY, that the whole world cannot produce in 200 YEARS!!!
'They play games with things which do not even exist"
I just read a report that the world "at the moment", with wheat exports stopped from the Russo-Ukraine war, with fertiliser deficits around the world, with the wheat that is planted but not yet harvest-able....THE WORLD ONLY HAS ENOUGH WHEAT FOR THE NEXT 10 WEEKS!!
Go shopping, get wheat grain, wheat products, flour, whatever you can people. You do not have any more time...

Unfortunately, :(we have changed the way we build and live. So many people live on zero lot line homes built on less than 1/10th of an acre now, void of topsoil because the builders scraped it off before digging and then only put some of it back. The footprint of the huge house takes up all but 400 sf or so of the backyard lot...they can probably supplement but not sustain. Every little bit helps though!
I guess that's their choice and their problem. Most people are capable of moving if they really want to. Of course with the high cost of real estate it would be very difficult for many people, but not impossible.

We have an advisor/expert telling the UN that even before the Russian - Ukrainian war, 49 countries were already on the verge of famine. Ukraine feeds 400 million people globally. Now we have the US State department saying that they are working on plans to destroy the Russian Black Sea fleet, possibly to open the export lines for food distribution. Which will probably lead to a global war. Fun times (sarc)!

$16 for me.

Latest posts

Back