Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We just got a Costco membership, just for shipping to us. We don't have a Costco anywhere near us. But I have not found much I want to order. We do have a Sams 45 minutes away, and we went Monday. Prices are way up and weird brands are out instead of what we're used to buying

We just got a Costco membership, just for shipping to us. We don't have a Costco anywhere near us. But I have not found much I want to order. We do have a Sams 45 minutes away, and we went Monday. Prices are way up and weird brands are out instead of what we're used to buying
We have a business membership at Costco and when I can’t find things in store or at a business center, my wife makes a business center order. We get them delivered to her clinic. I go down and may have to wait A half hour wait at the most with their estimated times. If the minimum is met, it’s free. If they are out, it doesn’t count against it.

I go to Aldi sometimes once a week and saw the same price as Patera did. But did the shopping at our Kroger store because of the few sale items. American Beauty pasta was 49 cents, and that's their bi yearly sale price, and pasta lasts an extremely long time if stored properly. All that they had were the macaroni noodles, but that's ok. I bought 56 pkgs. Also store brand canned beans for 59 cents, about the same as Aldi. Cottage cheese at 89 cents, and my husband goes through lots of that. I can make pasta and cottage cheese, but it's not necessary to do at that price. Did get a buy one get one beef roast, although at $7.99 a lb for the first one, I have to laugh and say, "Such a deal". Not. We'll get 1/2 a cow in a few months.
AH I took advantage of that same sale at Kroger last year on pasta and put up several 5 gallon buckets of it in mylar.

And I thought I had lots of pasta before. Now I really need to amp up

What I did was decide how many times a week our group would eat pasta, then figure out how many calories in pasta per person, as well as how many months you are stocking for. We’ve got a lot of pasta. LOL

I sealed up our pasta and put them in bins. We have 6 tote bins full, but pasta will last a long time, so I always buy more if it's on sale. And I prefer some for different things...spaghetti of course, linguine noodles, a small special noodle for macaroni salad, a macaroni noodle for mac and cheese, lasagna noodles for that....

I sealed up our pasta and put them in bins. We have 6 tote bins full, but pasta will last a long time, so I always buy more if it's on sale. And I prefer some for different things...spaghetti of course, linguine noodles, a small special noodle for macaroni salad, a macaroni noodle for mac and cheese, lasagna noodles for that....

I, too, store our pasta sealed in mylar and put in big strong plastic totes. Also have a large variety. 😉

We have some pasta but definitely not as much as I wish we did. We are having to get another car this month and the price went up almost 30% due to the new paperwork, title, changing it to Hungarian plates and getting the insurance started...have to wait till it gets paid for, that is our priority at the moment. Prices are stable her, except for gas and diesel. Everything is available in the stores too. Nothing lacking anywhere.

Just went out to the local chef store before I leave for my work stretch.
There were more things on the shelves then from a couple weeks ago, but I overheard the employees saying that the warehouses were empty.
Bought a few roaster chickens, A case of coconut milk, a bunch of butter, and some peppers to roast and can.

The local Walmart was low on a lot of shelves throughout the store this morning. Meats especially, and cereals stood out. I’m stocked up on just about everything I can think of but got the things I went in for and threw in a large pack of toilet paper just for the prepper in me. I really didn’t look specifically at prices today but have seen them steadily rising for a good while now and would be surprised if they hadn’t gone up more. Even the news last night was talking about things are going to get worse before they get better. I’m really glad I’ve been a prepper for years and as prepared as well as I am. With the prices of things right now it would be difficult to start from scratch.
One thing I’ve often considered though is even if you have stocked up supplies really well, if things really go tits up how long will your stash last with all the needy friends and family that show up?

The local Walmart was low on a lot of shelves throughout the store this morning. Meats especially, and cereals stood out. I’m stocked up on just about everything I can think of but got the things I went in for and threw in a large pack of toilet paper just for the prepper in me. I really didn’t look specifically at prices today but have seen them steadily rising for a good while now and would be surprised if they hadn’t gone up more. Even the news last night was talking about things are going to get worse before they get better. I’m really glad I’ve been a prepper for years and as prepared as well as I am. With the prices of things right now it would be difficult to start from scratch.
One thing I’ve often considered though is even if you have stocked up supplies really well, if things really go tits up how long will your stash last with all the needy friends and family that show up?

Sign them up now for the friends and family plan. Tell them how its going to be when the what it's actually happen. If they can't commit now and meet satisfactory requirements, then tell them good luck, don't come there.

China can't be excited about all the exported goods floating around out in the Pacific. As a side note, I bought some pallet forks for the 1025r and apparently the trek from California to my house in Texas goes through Texas, about 30 miles from my house all the way to Georgia...Yeah, the Georgia over by the ocean.

Every time we go to the store we load up on everything we can, even if we don't need it. Even the lumber yards are running low on a lot of stuff. And much of the lumber they do have is junk.
The cost of fuel is going up, which means everything else will go up too.
We have 2 freezers full of beef, chicken and frozen vegetables, the pantry is full of dried vegetables and canned food. The wife put 2 shelving units in my shop full of canned foods too.
I dont care about the ships floating around offshore filled with Chinese and other foreign crap. Let it rot.
Again, thanks Biden voters. I hope your doing well.

Tractor Supply was running low on some plumbing fittings and related items. Products made in the USA don't have wait to go through the west coast ports. Problem is lots of the the USA made products are imaginary.
And yet Biden is trying to promote USA made products for Christmas items now. . . Dark Winter anyone? Something he mentioned during his campaign, yet becoming true under HIS ADMINISTRATION. Imagine that.

Tractor Supply was running low on some plumbing fittings and related items. Products made in the USA don't have wait to go through the west coast ports. Problem is lots of the the USA made products are imaginary.
TSC has a very strange system for some of their sections. Vendors can only order section a couple times a year. I had issues trying to get pipe fence clamps in several TSC (where else you going to get that?). At the time, I traveled from San Diego to San Fran regularly.
Brick and mortar is dying.

We were trying to buy culverts from them but couldn't. Thankfully found some locally.

Latest posts

Back