Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you dip them in lemon juice or anything to keep them from turning color?
There are several types of dips that you can use. The wife is cutting up apples right now to dehydrate. The dip she's going to use is a mixture of sugar, water and honey. You can also use sodium bisulfite.

There is a channel on you tube by a TN lady. It's called Apalachia's Homestead with Patama. She has been going to Aldi's, Dollar Tree, etc and watching prices and shelves being depleted.

She has a homestead and talks about farming, gardening etc. It's all pretty basic, but she has common sense. She is a Conservative and Christian if that is important.

Just a FYI if anyone wants to check her out.

One of the reps from a cheese distributer called the store today. So I asked her why I haven't been getting items that are being ordered each week with always "Out of Stock". The items are still sitting on a cargo ship anchored off the Port in CA. My French cheeses basically have a short shelf life on them already and by the time their company has gotten the products, they are already out of date or just about to be.

Lol, true story about why happened to me today. I went to a local grocery store today. The shelves wer stocked ok, didn’t notice any major outages anyways. I grabbed about ten items in my buggy and went over to the deli to have some turkey sliced. There was one employee behind the deli counter and no other customers in sight. I asked nicely about a pound of turkey breast and she replied that she had two orders ahead of me and that she needed to restock some supplies from the back room before slicing some turkey for me in about 20 minutes. I politely declined, abandoned my cart and the items in it, and left the store. I went to Walmart and got better service… and my turkey. So, the moral of this story is it’s bad enough when shelves are bare. It’s bad enough when things cost double or more of what they used to. But I refuse to accept crappy service in addition to all that! Lol.

Lol, true story about why happened to me today. I went to a local grocery store today. The shelves wer stocked ok, didn’t notice any major outages anyways. I grabbed about ten items in my buggy and went over to the deli to have some turkey sliced. There was one employee behind the deli counter and no other customers in sight. I asked nicely about a pound of turkey breast and she replied that she had two orders ahead of me and that she needed to restock some supplies from the back room before slicing some turkey for me in about 20 minutes. I politely declined, abandoned my cart and the items in it, and left the store. I went to Walmart and got better service… and my turkey. So, the moral of this story is it’s bad enough when shelves are bare. It’s bad enough when things cost double or more of what they used to. But I refuse to accept crappy service in addition to all that! Lol.
Maybe you have no idea what goes on in a Dekli at a grocery store. Even though you do not see "customers" around, doesn't mean they have not already placed their orders in and walked off to pick up after they have done some shopping, then you have to deal with curb side orders that need to be filled by a certain time. With only 1 employee, that can be overwhelming at times. As for that employee not servicing you before restocking makes no sense unless a customer or curb side needed an item that was not stocked? But that should have been a quick grab before servicing you as a customer. I'm just saying, you may not know ALL of what that 1 employee is doing. I know IF I was the only one in the department with all we have to do, I would be running around like a chicken with my head chopped off.

Maybe you have no idea what goes on in a Dekli at a grocery store. Even though you do not see "customers" around, doesn't mean they have not already placed their orders in and walked off to pick up after they have done some shopping, then you have to deal with curb side orders that need to be filled by a certain time. With only 1 employee, that can be overwhelming at times. As for that employee not servicing you before restocking makes no sense unless a customer or curb side needed an item that was not stocked? But that should have been a quick grab before servicing you as a customer. I'm just saying, you may not know ALL of what that 1 employee is doing. I know IF I was the only one in the department with all we have to do, I would be running around like a chicken with my head chopped off.
I agree with other customers being ahead of me. But she lost me with the restocking thing. Honestly, even if she had to restock before her boss got angry, she shouldn’t have actually said that out loud. I’m usually very patient and pretty understanding. Mostly it was the way/attitude she told me, not so much that I had to wait until others iwere taken care of.

I agree with other customers being ahead of me. But she lost me with the restocking thing. Honestly, even if she had to restock before her boss got angry, she shouldn’t have actually said that out loud. I’m usually very patient and pretty understanding. Mostly it was the way/attitude she told me, not so much that I had to wait until others iwere taken care of.
I dont know the whole situation, but just a suggestion, maybe put in your order, do the rest of your shopping, and then go back to pick up? I can not say what her thoughts are, but there is a lot going on behind that counter, depending on what that Deli offers.

One of the reps from a cheese distributer called the store today. So I asked her why I haven't been getting items that are being ordered each week with always "Out of Stock". The items are still sitting on a cargo ship anchored off the Port in CA. My French cheeses basically have a short shelf life on them already and by the time their company has gotten the products, they are already out of date or just about to be.
I haven’t seen too many ships from my ponies field lately. There are times I can see them stacked up. I checked and most waiting for port in SF and OAK were oil tankers
Your cheese must be off LA or SD.

1634077250697.png

I go to Aldi sometimes once a week and saw the same price as Patera did. But did the shopping at our Kroger store because of the few sale items. American Beauty pasta was 49 cents, and that's their bi yearly sale price, and pasta lasts an extremely long time if stored properly. All that they had were the macaroni noodles, but that's ok. I bought 56 pkgs. Also store brand canned beans for 59 cents, about the same as Aldi. Cottage cheese at 89 cents, and my husband goes through lots of that. I can make pasta and cottage cheese, but it's not necessary to do at that price. Did get a buy one get one beef roast, although at $7.99 a lb for the first one, I have to laugh and say, "Such a deal". Not. We'll get 1/2 a cow in a few months.

Latest posts

Back