Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had some large grain elevators full of soy beans burn the other day. They are making them haul all the beans left to a disposal site . For a fee of course, we wouldn't want to contaminate nothing with food. You can't even use it for cattle or chicken feed. All of a sudden they are toxic. Who knew

This is what is headed our way in 2023! Make solid plans to protect your crops folks.

”The Year Without a Summer Was a Bizarre Weather Disaster in 1816​

A Volcanic Eruption Led to Crop Failures on Two Continents​

1671022708804.jpeg

By
Robert McNamara
Updated on March 24, 2018
The Year Without a Summer, a peculiar 19th-century disaster, played out during 1816 when the weather in Europe and North America took a bizarre turn that resulted in widespread crop failures and even famine.

The weather in 1816 was unprecedented. Spring arrived as usual. But then the seasons seemed to turn backward, as cold temperatures returned. In some places, the sky appeared permanently overcast. The lack of sunlight became so severe that farmers lost their crops and food shortages were reported in Ireland, France, England, and the United States.

In Virginia, Thomas Jefferson retired from the presidency and farming at Monticello, sustained crop failures that sent him further into debt. In Europe, the gloomy weather helped inspire the writing of a classic horror tale, Frankenstein.

It would be more than a century before anyone understood the reason for the peculiar weather disaster: the eruption of an enormous volcano on a remote island in the Indian Ocean a year earlier had thrown enormous amounts of volcanic ash into the upper atmosphere.

The dust from Mount Tambora, which had erupted in early April 1815, had shrouded the globe. And with sunlight blocked, 1816 did not have a normal summer.”

EDITED to add that the Tonga Eruption was the most powerful eruption ever recorded. It actually put water vapor into space!

Last edited:
Here is a flashback to the Famine of 1740-1741. Those who survived had to build strong defenses in order to protect their crops! This picture is of a spiral barn with lots of shooting spots for defense.

1673282815960.png

The Castletown House Estate was built by the Conelly family in Ireland.

The 1740-1741 Famine killed around 20% of the entire population.

Here is a flashback to the Famine of 1740-1741. Those who survived had to build strong defenses in order to protect their crops! This picture is of a spiral barn with lots of shooting spots for defense.

View attachment 18527
The Castletown House Estate was built by the Conelly family in Ireland.

The 1740-1741 Famine killed around 20% of the entire population.
I wonder what they did to protect their growing crops?

I can't even imagine how desperate I would get if my children were starving. A famine of that scale would be miserable for everyone, even those who prepped.

There was a severe drought and famine in the 1790s in the lower Mississippi Valley, which had a profound impact on the course of history in that region. Much of Arkansas and Oklahoma was depopulated as a result of the ensuing fierce territorial wars between tribes over control of dwindling hunting grounds.

Below are snippets of news articles about that period of time.

1673347475070.png

We can only guess as to what they did to protect their crops, but I would imagine the ones that bonded together to watch their crops while planting clear through harvest were the ones that made it. That is why so many military men who have witnessed countries crashing, encourage people to form groups, and not be the lone wolf.

Those that haven't already established a rural retreat where they can grow a reasonable amount of food and some critters like chickens for eggs are sitting on the pier watching their ship sail away . I sat down and talked to a real-estate agent about 3 days ago . She said as soon as something hits the market it is usually sold the next day unless it is landlocked or something else wrong with it . I told my wife about 20 years ago this was going to happen in the area we established our bug out retreat . I actually was more specific as I predicted the area we reside would be invaded by people from all across the United States . My premonition was totally correct .

Last edited:
Below is a comprehensive list of food factories or facilities that were burned down last year.

The tyrants in charge are trying to sell the LIE that eggs have gone up so much because we are eating so many. The fact is they have killed millions of birds based upon testing ONE BIRD in an entire huge flock with the same test they used for Covid!!! You know, the one they finally had to admit was being used incorrectly with far too many cycles to be correct?!

Telegram link to list…

Below is a comprehensive list of food factories or facilities that were burned down las
The tyrants in charge are trying to sell the LIE that eggs have gone up so much because we are eating so many. The fact is they have killed millions of birds based upon testing ONE BIRD in an entire huge flock with the same test they used for Covid!!! You know, the one they finally had to admit was being used incorrectly with far too many cycles to be correct?!

Telegram link to list…

The number of farm animal swaps in my area has multiplied 10 fold. Every small town has one now.

What wonderful news!! It shows us that rural Americans are organizing to make food LOCAL!! This news made my morning!
Yes, it is awesome because when people get to know each other and where their farms are, we can just walk to the farms if we have no vehicles. We have a source for everything we truly need within several miles of us. All it takes is someone with fallow ground willing to host.

People pay for parking only ($3) or a parking spot with a stand ($10). The guy makes hundreds of dollars each swap. Granted, his field gets trashed with all the vehicles. But it's a win for everyone because he also gets first dibs on prime livestock.

I've gotten livestock, guineas, chicks, ducks, a wild rooster, plants, and a dog at them before. There was a guy that had a custom made dwarf goat milking stand business that comes. Bakers come so people can buy something to eat. Even if we don't buy anything, we take the kids so they can browse the animals. It's amazing and it's on private property, so they can't do a whole lot as long as there are no illegal sales.

The municipality tried to shut it down multiple times but weren't able to. After his was successful, they started sprouting up everywhere. Now, every weekend there's a swap going on somewhere within 50 miles.

This year, I plan to sell chicks, eggs, plant starts, seeds, and grafted fruit trees if I can. Maybe puppies if we breed our girl, too. It should be a nice little side income.

Latest posts

Back