Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got paid and was already getting one extra tank of propane...maybe I need more? Have ten kilos of fertiliser, (enough for my garden for 3 years) maybe need more? SHTF...already here for me. TEOTWAWKI...already here for me too.

Propane will be going way up. Get what you can and don’t fret over what you can’t. Use your chicken droppings for fertilizer. Use human waste if need be. See Marjorie Wildcraft video on using human waste. She has for years. Blessings to you and your family Gary.

The same thinking here . I have stored up a couple of hundred pounds of commercial fertilizer . Also I use chicken poop and compost cycled through my compost tumbler . Even though I still had at least 20% in my propane tank , had it toped off . That should last me 2 or 3 years . Also I bought a tank of pre-paid propane about 4 years ago that I have been letting ride , as I anticipated what has now become a certainty , in hugely escalating propane prices . The propane company will be coming out on the short end of the stick when I finally call them up and tell them I want my pre-paid propane .

Compost, compost, compost. My wife just started making compost in 55g drums too. She puts anything organic in it, including weeds from the yard. Chicken and pig poop base, eggshells, avocado skins, etc., then fills them with water. Next year she will use the water on the garden.

Last edited:
Yes, we are building another compost box this winter. all the garden clippings, grass cuttings and all the free green stuff the city cuts along the country roads gets into big plastic bags. My gypsy "son" has an uncle who just ordered a TON of sugar from Rumania since it is hard to come by here at the moment and I have "ordered" 20 kilos of it for myself when it gets here before he sells it all and DOUBLES his money in one week...(I might jump into the smuggling business with him). We just picked his grapes today since he is making moonshine from them.
He actually has more in his pantry than I do!! Plus 2000 liters of diesel...

Yes, we are building another compost box this winter. all the garden clippings, grass cuttings and all the free green stuff the city cuts along the country roads gets into big plastic bags. My gypsy "son" has an uncle who just ordered a TON of sugar from Rumania since it is hard to come by here at the moment and I have "ordered" 20 kilos of it for myself when it gets here before he sells it all and DOUBLES his money in one week...(I might jump into the smuggling business with him). We just picked his grapes today since he is making moonshine from them.
He actually has more in his pantry than I do!! Plus 2000 liters of diesel...
Sounds like a good partner.

1664794843540.jpeg

THIS IS THE WAY TO DO IT!!!

1665068702554.png

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Like other ranchers across the country, Rusty Kemp for years grumbled about rock-bottom prices paid for the cattle he raised in central Nebraska, even as the cost of beef at grocery stores kept climbing.

He and his neighbors blamed it on consolidation in the beef industry stretching back to the 1970s that resulted in four companies slaughtering over 80% of the nation’s cattle, giving the processors more power to set prices while ranchers struggled to make a living. Federal data show that for every dollar spent on food, the share that went to ranchers and farmers dropped from 35 cents in the 1970s to 14 cents recently.

It led Kemp to launch an audacious plan: Raise more than $300 million from ranchers to build a plant themselves, putting their future in their own hands.

“We’ve been complaining about it for 30 years,” Kemp said. “It’s probably time somebody does something about it.”

Crews will start work this fall building the Sustainable Beef plant on nearly 400 acres near North Platte, Nebraska, and other groups are making similar surprising moves in Iowa, Idaho and Wisconsin. The enterprises will test whether it’s really possible to compete financially against an industry trend that has swept through American agriculture and that played a role in meat shortages during the coronavirus pandemic.

Chicken and pig poop base, eggshells, avocado skins, etc., then fills them with water
Hey Hell-and-back, if your wife is putting the egg shells into the compost, get them dry first and grind them to powder or they will not compost or be useable in the garden, tip from someone when I was doing it too. On the other side, we dry the shells and grind them real fine and add the powder to the chicken food to return the calcium back to the chicken and we get hard and thick shells now that do not break so fast....

A prepper called in to report to me today . He is presently traveling downstream on the Ohio river to enter the Mississippi river and on down into Louisiana on a boat pushing barges . He said it was eerie as to all the boats tied up along the banks and not hauling anything . A lot of these idle boats are grain haulers . It appears there is no grain to haul . He said he would report back in a few days after he sees what the situation is on the Mississippi river . This is a seasoned river boatman and knows what normal is .

Have him check back when he gets south of Memphis. Plenty of grain being harvested in the Mississippi Delta. I saw more corn fields there this year than I've ever seen before. (it's normally cotton and soybeans...and catfish ponds) Fertilizer was high but readily available thanks to a massive fertilizer plant in Yazoo City that was in full swing.

Another report coming from a Mississippi river boatman . The Mississippi river is extremely low . Boats are jammed up as the only narrow channel left for the boats to travel is ever shrinking . The supply chain is literally drying up . People are playing in what was once the bottom of the Mississippi river in their all terrain vehicles .

I just heard on the radio that wheat prices were way up which pulled corn prices up. Haven't compared lately because we haven't needed any, but thought I should mention it.
I don't need in our household, but did notice the jump in animal feed. All stock and Goat feed has just got way up in price. Can only say maybe you want to stock up on flour and other wheat type products your family consumes NOW! Think this may be the last available opportunity?

I just heard on the radio that wheat prices were way up which pulled corn prices up. Haven't compared lately because we haven't needed any, but thought I should mention it.

Saw yesterday where wheat went up another 4%. Can’t remember the amount for corn…but it will be higher because the harvest has been so reduced.

Think this may be the last available opportunity?

There are those that would greatly doubt that assertion. We don’t call them idiots for nothing. :D In reality we do have a lot of wheat, for our nation. The problem lies in the fact that we’ve pre sold so much to China! There is zero doubt in my mind that biden would sell all our food if pressed by the CCP!

Last edited:

Lab-grown milk to hit shelves by 2024 – minus the cow and the carbon​

Angus Thomson

By Angus Thomson

September 13, 2022 — 12.01am

1665574433968.png

CSIRO-backed, Eden Brew has worked out how to “brew” milk in a lab in a way that emulates the natural fermentation process that happens in cows, is working on industrialising the process and expects to have its animal-free products on the market by 2024.”

RIIIIGHT. Wonder what type of nanotethnology they are going to put in this Devil’s Brew?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back