Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jw7z75y.jpg

I went to two different dollar tree stores in the last two days.stocked up on laundry soap,dish soap and glass cleaner.first on didn't have enough glass cleaner.been stocking up on meat's for the freezer.it's all vacuum sealed.i finally bought a food dehydrator.i made chicken jerky.it turned out ok.tried banana chips.that failed.i think that I sliced them to thick.

Our little local grade school (40 students K thru 8th) had grandmas come in with bushels of apples and made a ton of "ice cream tubs" full of applesauce for the cafeteria freezer to supplement school lunches.
Just have to say that because everyone around here has large families, and large gatherings, ice cream here is typically bought in the plastic tubs with the lids and handles. Those tubs are reused for everything. The flyer said, come help make applesauce and bring your empty ice cream tubs.
The High School two of our grandkids goes to have made arrangement with a local guy for fresh beef for their lunches.

While we're pretty well set with most of our preps, we decided to increase our stock of salt, spices, lamp oil, rice, beans etc. at least a 2 - 3 year supply. Paper products too, even though we have at least a years supply of TP, paper towels, napkins, cleaning supplies etc now.
I'm not having a problem finding these products, but I am having a hard time finding storage containers. I'm looking for 5 - 35 gallon size screw top containers.
I have a building under construction now that I'll store most of this stuff in. Just now finished the floor and will start framing tomorrow.

I went to two different dollar tree stores in the last two days.stocked up on laundry soap,dish soap and glass cleaner.first on didn't have enough glass cleaner.been stocking up on meat's for the freezer.it's all vacuum sealed.i finally bought a food dehydrator.i made chicken jerky.it turned out ok.tried banana chips.that failed.i think that I sliced them to thick.
I’ve never had any banana chips turn out well either yet. I just did some fresh picked figs that are fantastic. Just cut in half, no seasoning or anything else aside from washing first.

Latest posts

Back