Food shortages are here and getting worse.

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve never tried elk but would love to. Goofy sounding animals but look to have plenty of meat on them. How does it compare to beef (which is my favorite) taste wise?
I love elk, caribou and moose but I like beef much better. In my opinion the beef we raised here was the best tasting beef I've ever eaten. Our customers agreed.

Though the title for this thread is food shortages, I'm seeing an everything shortage. Our idiot governor announced a jet fuel shortage for the state, I'm seeing shortages in computers, some food items, things like cups at fast food joints, etc.
As was explained above, the JIT system is broken and this administration seems hell bent on keeping it broke.

YUP Lumber, Building material, certain medical products, chips for car computers, oddly enough clothing from Asia is in short supply in places, fuel prices creeping up, plus assorted food shortages AGAIN her in the UK.

Buffalo trivia:

Trivia #1: The term "buffalo" was used for the American Bison for a century and a half before the term "bison" was introduced.
Trivia #2: The African Cape Buffalo is not even in the same genus as the Water Buffalo.
Trivia #3: None of the "buffalos" have "buffalo" in the scientific name. And since the common name is whatever people call them, if people call something a "buffalo" well by golly, it's a buffalo. LOL.

Buffalo trivia:

Trivia #1: The term "buffalo" was used for the American Bison for a century and a half before the term "bison" was introduced.
Trivia #2: The African Cape Buffalo is not even in the same genus as the Water Buffalo.
Trivia #3: None of the "buffalos" have "buffalo" in the scientific name. And since the common name is whatever people call them, if people call something a "buffalo" well by golly, it's a buffalo. LOL.
Same goes for timber and fish too. Many people call Douglas Fir - red fir, they call grand fir - white fir or piss fir, western larch - tamarack. Chinook salmon - king, coho - silvers, sockeye- reds.

I have 11 packs of 18 rolls of Cottonelle. So, about a couple of months supply... I don't want to look like a hoarder, so I go from store to store and just buy one 18 pack, with some bananas.

living where I do, with the climate we have, I understand the need for farmers and farming, the need of your own food production, to secure it in times of crises,
the sad part is many,many think here that so what, if our crops fail, we just import it...but if crops fail all over who's gonna sell that stuff to you,when there's nothing to sell???

ps.still,no beans in tomato sauce in my lidl 😧

this sound just like last year,,, and look at all the panic buying and the huge price increases ammo went thru the roof that was caused by that,,,,,, it's the buying all you can get that causes food shortages and increase in prices,,,,, I have seen no indication of any of this I will not be buying into the panic mode,,, I did so last year but not again

last year,,, I bought a hog spent a shitload on it getting it ready to process ,, it was so tough I turned it all to sausage,,,,,,,,,,,,, I could have bought better meat at the store for less money than I had in it,,, all said and done I paid almost $5 a pound for Sausage,,,,,,
I learned that the meat I produced here cost more than just buying it from the store. But more importantly is I learned how to produce my own meat in case the store runs out. For now I’m good with buying most groceries but it is a good feeling to know I can grown and raise most of my own.

The dollar store is changing it's name to the Two Dollar Store.

1627514415800.png

I learned that the meat I produced here cost more than just buying it from the store. But more importantly is I learned how to produce my own meat in case the store runs out. For now I’m good with buying most groceries but it is a good feeling to know I can grown and raise most of my own.
I know that things cost different around the country, but we always came out way ahead on raising our own beef, pork and chicken. Mainly it depends on your feed costs. In a normal year we have plenty of spring and summer pasture to raise all the cattle we want. This year was different. We decided to sell all of our cattle before we lost too much money by buying feed at an inflated price. We're still making a good profit on our butcher beef.

the sad part is many,many think here that so what, if our crops fail, we just import it...but if crops fail all over who's gonna sell that stuff to you,when there's nothing to sell???
well thats the problem with the majority being sheeple, they just dont get it, they cant think that far ahead.

I am only able to garden at this point living in a small town of 3000 people i have a garden looking at trying to get a piece of land with a stream or river on it what and where do people suggest to get reliable vegetable seeds that will last awhile to prepare for later crisis

Latest posts

Back