Food Prices Going Up

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess living in an area where we raise those Angus really helps with the price.
BUT....I remember in late 2019 the grocery stores would have TBones on sale all the time for $4.99 lb. Now that's the price of hamburger, and TBones are $12.00 lb.

@Arcticdude & @Brent S

You're talking about cents by meat 😂

You wanna know how the cost's for meat are in Switzerland?
Pork between 28$ and 38$ by kg
Normal beef starts by 40$ and can go up to 55$ by kg
Angus beef well, it's really luxury. Halfway good quality starts by 70 / 80$ by kg an raises up to 120$ by kg for premium....
Too bad I can't send you a couple hundred pounds of quality angus beef.

Just curious, you were a marine, were you an MP or something similar? I was a 91delta, Army.
My MOS was 0231: Military Intelligence Analyst.
And yes, I have heard the joke a million times over.
Due to the Marine Corps being short on just about everything, or having to make do with less, I also cross trained as a Chaser.

Too bad I can't send you a couple hundred pounds of quality angus beef.
One year, for Christmas, I sent my parents 4 porkchops, 4 porterhouse pork steaks, and a pound of brown sugar cured bacon from hogs I raised, slaughter, butchered and processed myself.
Next day air from NY to FL: $229.
Dad said they had just began to thaw by the time the box hit their door.
Also said it was the best pork he has ever had.

@Arcticdude & @Brent S

You're talking about cents by meat 😂

You wanna know how the cost's for meat are in Switzerland?
Pork between 28$ and 38$ by kg
Normal beef starts by 40$ and can go up to 55$ by kg
Angus beef well, it's really luxury. Halfway good quality starts by 70 / 80$ by kg an raises up to 120$ by kg for premium....
Why is it so expensive?

Why is it so expensive?
Production costs, taxes and demand. Plus the very few people here who have the interest, the money, the land and the knowledge to raise something like Angus beef...
We also pay around $ 8.00 a Gallon for gasoline, $5.00 for a cup of coffee, $90.00 for a pair of Levis, $25.00 for a quart of Jack Daniels and $10.00 for a meal at McDumbo...if you decide to go there...GP

Production costs, taxes and demand. Plus the very few people here who have the interest, the money, the land and the knowledge to raise something like Angus beef...
We also pay around $ 8.00 a Gallon for gasoline, $5.00 for a cup of coffee, $90.00 for a pair of Levis, $25.00 for a quart of Jack Daniels and $10.00 for a meal at McDumbo...if you decide to go there...GP
$90 for Levi's? Thats nuts. The wife and I were going through our clothes that have been in storage for many years and I found about 30 pairs of Levi's. Many have never been worn and still have all the tags. I was just going to take them to the dump. Maybe I should try to sell them instead.

Many have never been worn and still have all the tags. I was just going to take them to the dump. Maybe I should try to sell them instead.
No way!! Unworn Levis with the original tags should be going for unbelieveable prices in ebay...sometimes much more than original. In Russia and Turkey they wear Levis like we did earlier, the more holes and patches the better they got. Till they fall apart. Before they go to the dump, do a give away to the locals by posting in the store down the road from you. SOMEBODY can use them...Gary

Here in the states we average about 10% of our income spent on food. So if food goes up it will be felt but it’s not the end of the world. In most of the world the average person spends 90% of their income on food. Even a slight rise in prices can mean the difference between just getting by and going hungry. If you think the southern border traffic is bad now just wait until even more people are going hungry.

Well, they're going to do what they're going to do anyway. So if they want to stand in line at a food bank to eat, so be it. When the economy collapses, there won't be any more food banks. Just saw on Drudge Report a linked Bloomberg article (gag, I know) talking about food prices going wayyyy up.

Latest posts

Back