food off the land

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin tordoff

Reaction score
some foods that farmers grow can be eaten raw sugar beet is one of them also when sugar beat is mixed for cow pellets also edible. When wheat is being grown only the tip is edible it must be green if u pull the tip out with the short stalk it shud be all the same colour green except the tip which should be a lighter green this is ok to chew these have been tested by my mostly because i did this when i was a child but most livestock food is ok to eat ievn chew just to get some nuriishment.

Many foods that farmers grow can be eaten raw, others shouldnt be.
The biggest variable here is the person eating it. If someone does not commonly eat raw vegtables they should not just jump right in.
The average persons body does not have the right enzymes to break down raw foods. Raw vegtables are full of life saving nutrients, and enzyme-rich, but they are also full of cellulose, a fiber that is not digested well by humans. Or should I say humans that do not aclimate thier bodys to it.

some of the foods you should not eat raw, are
Eggplant= contains solanine effects vomiting, stomach cramps,nausia,headache,dizziness, and diarrhea
potatos= solanine as well, also high starch makes them hard to digest in most people raw. Never eat green potatoes, these were too shallow in the ground and have higher levels of solanine, as well as potatoes with eyes or sprouting.
lima beans, in large amounts= have toxic amino acid in it raw.

Many people suffer from issues that are a direct result of thier diet of vegtables. all of the nightshades,(potatoes, eggplants,peppers,tomatoes, more) can cause headaches, fatigue, acid reflux, even make artheritis worse. But your family dr will never tell you, he is cashing in on what you dont know.

Hey you can find me snacking on Okra and Asparagus when I am working in the garden!

I will give it a try.... hmmmm... no blanching? just straight after washing.... maybe with a little salt and pepper, make a good basic salad

Honestly I like it both ways. I can eat it straight from the garden or cooked with a little Hollandaise sauce drizzled on top. . . that is YUM !

I thought I was the only one who ate raw potatos

No way. Rinsed in water, sprinkled with salt...I LOVE raw potatoes.

Latest posts

Back