Food insecurity

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh??according to the BBC Findland is the happiest country on earth for the fourth year, are you not feeling the lurve.... :)
mucho lurve 😂 every day mate,
about preppers here, really do not know, we have a lot of people hunting ( they have guns )

our voluntary reserve gets more and more applications each time they have their basic training courses, more women apply each time ( many have guns thx to this ), all this thanks to the cave troll in Kremlin,
against this virus, can't do much more than wait...

I can afford food, but I've recently started experimenting with edible wild plants.

I've cooked cattails (reedmace to you Europeans), and leached acorns. I've also found that thistle and plantains grow here in Ocala, Florida.

After acorns are leached and dried, they can be ground into a gluten-free meal and cooked like half-assed muffins or cookies.

I can afford food, but I've recently started experimenting with edible wild plants.

I've cooked cattails (reedmace to you Europeans), and leached acorns. I've also found that thistle and plantains grow here in Ocala, Florida.

After acorns are leached and dried, they can be ground into a gluten-free meal and cooked like half-assed muffins or cookies.
I think this is all good stuff to learn. Once the snow melts off the wife and I are going to start eating more wild plants. We already eat the wild onions in spring.
We're going up north to see our kids tomorrow. If the cottonwoods are budding out the wife wants to pick some buds. I guess they're good for making salves and other things.

I think this is all good stuff to learn. Once the snow melts off the wife and I are going to start eating more wild plants. We already eat the wild onions in spring.
We're going up north to see our kids tomorrow. If the cottonwoods are budding out the wife wants to pick some buds. I guess they're good for making salves and other things.
I wish your children well. It seems they are off to a good start.

I ended up transplanting some wild onions into one of my front flower beds years ago now. They are year around now for me.

After leaching, roasted acorns are pretty darn good too.

Latest posts

Back