Food during atomic winter

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think one solution to make a limited amount of greens would be to use nuclear powered lights in large greenhouses. You could use part of this cropp to feed animals. I wonder how much light/electricity is needed to sustain one person this way, its considerable so not many if us can be kept alive this way.
You would have to grow A LOT of greens to sustain you and just 1 small animal, as in a goat. Maybe you are talking about rats to sustain your meat supply?

Ok. A lot of misinformation being posted here.
Some hybrids are not true electrics. Prius is a prime example. They were manufactured to dissuade electric. Research Nissan Leaf to see what you would not want to own.

Maintenance on an true electric with 50k miles.
Oil changes=0.
Brakes = 0 ( brakes good to around 100k)
Tires= on the second set, so more wear than a ICE Vehicle
Smog check=0
Gas expense=0. Charging expense on a trip=$10 a fill. 30-45 minutes time that will get you another 250 miles.
Charge an home=0 with solar.
Battery warranted for 8 years, only 3 years in On ours. It may cost 20k to replace, but so will the engine in your 8 year old car.
You may not agree with me based on politics. I don’t think they should be forced down everyone’s throats.
Even at this early stage, the good ones make economic sense.

Latest posts

Back