Food during atomic winter

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolnor

Reaction score
I think one solution to make a limited amount of greens would be to use nuclear powered lights in large greenhouses. You could use part of this cropp to feed animals. I wonder how much light/electricity is needed to sustain one person this way, its considerable so not many if us can be kept alive this way.

Yes, all these questions are key. But we might have one year to re-build these things before food is all gone. It will be the main-focus for scientists and engineers, att least if the war is over. Question is, how many will survive the first 2months with toxic gases? Not many. Most likely the US has a plan for these things, they would be top-secret.

Yes, all these questions are key. But we might have one year to re-build these things before food is all gone. It will be the main-focus for scientists and engineers, att least if the war is over. Question is, how many will survive the first 2months with toxic gases? Not many. Most likely the US has a plan for these things, they would be top-secret.

Most of the scientists and engineers I know, can't do much of anything. They can design things on a computer, but can't build or repair anything.

Without an extensive system already in place and surviving the initial onslaught, you will have several issues with growing food for mass consumption IF there is a nuclear winter.
I am speaking as a farmer here.

1) Mass food production would necessarily have to shift to
a) areas without contaminated soils
b) close to equatorial regions, which if you look at the maps either
1) have poor soils/poor rainfall/water issues
2) no organized infrastructure
3) are corrupted zoos of a government and society
2) Transport, due to lack of infrastructure will be nearly impossible once you get it to the areas that will most need it
3) Distribution will likewise be nearly impossible (Ambushes by organized gangs will be highly likely)

BTW I wouldn't count on the US government for anything. If the balloon goes up, they will only be concerned with the continuance of government...basically, saving their own butts and retaining power.

@Big Paul is correct, I think. You would be on your own.

I think one solution to make a limited amount of greens would be to use nuclear powered lights in large greenhouses. You could use part of this cropp to feed animals. I wonder how much light/electricity is needed to sustain one person this way, its considerable so not many if us can be kept alive this way.
I have a couple of questions concerning BICRAP pushing elec cars??
1. How are all these elec cars going to be charged with our outdated and failing power grid!!
2. Are public areas, businesses and hotels going to supply charging stations for every car they serve?
3. WHOS going to pay for the elec these charging stations will be using?
4. Will the charging stations be like gas pumps? Pay so much as it is used?
5. The elec cars i have seen so far have a tendancy to blow up when involved in a wreck!!!!
6. How will an EMP strike affect the ability to charge the cars?
7. IF our existing power grid can EVEN charge a few vehicles whats the environmental impact of power companys having to provide MORE electricity??
I cant see even one advantage of buying an elec vehicle at this time and WAY too many unanswered questions!!! ONLY elec vehicle ill ever own is MY golf cart and it usually has to be charged every other day, OHHHHHH an another thought, Golf cart batterys are about $1100.00 to replace and you have to have new ones bout every 3 to 4 years. Elec car batterys are considerably more!!!!

7. IF our existing power grid can EVEN charge a few vehicles whats the environmental impact of power companys having to provide MORE electricity??
I cant see even one advantage of buying an elec vehicle at this time and WAY too many unanswered questions!!!

There is no way in h3ll our electric grid can handle many people plugging electric cars in for charging! I’ve seen numbers by numerous folks and it doesn’t even begin to be possible.

Those pushing this KNOW the grid won’t support it.

The ONLY ADVANTAGE is CONTROL! They then have the ability to shut off your transportation. Think about that. The Globalists…with our own government helping is going after full Food Control, Transportation Control, Healthcare Control and brainwashing of OUR children!!

..................... Golf cart batterys are about $1100.00 to replace and you have to have new ones bout every 3 to 4 years. Elec car batterys are considerably more!!!!

My husband said around $3K and up, but I don't know the source of his information. I just Googled and found this: Costs of Electric Car Battery Replacement See diagram for the various brand cars. Now that's downright disgusting. Don't have to second guess who the major share owners in those battery companies' stock are. Bet I know.

My husband said around $3K and up, but I don't know the source of his information. I just Googled and found this: Costs of Electric Car Battery Replacement See diagram for the various brand cars. Now that's downright disgusting. Don't have to second guess who the major share owners in those battery companies' stock are. Bet I know.
And wind, and solar...that's why they are pushing this green agenda, to make more green.

They out of their pea picking mind with those prices to replace batterys, WHY hasnt the public seen this@@

Even if the car dealers were making it known up front, the MSM advertisers wouldn't mention it in their ads, because it would harm the narrative of the Biden administration and hurt sales. They keep the cost of 'maintenance' real quiet when they're pushing electric cars, truck and commercial vehicles on the floor. They just want to stress it's the 'responsible' thing to do for the planet. Yeah, right. My late brother bought a prius and was stunned when he inquired into a replacement. He passed before he had to, but he wasn't happy when he learned their cost. I don't think the salesmen are quick to point this out to potential buyers on the sales floor unless they ask. And even then, they probably only mention the lowest figure in the range to get that sale.

Last edited:
Even if the car dealers were making it known up front, the MSM advertisers wouldn't mention it in their ads, because it would harm the narrative of the Biden administration and hurt sales. They keep the cost of 'maintence' real quiet when they're pushing electric cars, truck and commercial vehicles. They just want to stress it's the 'responsible' thing to do for the planet. Yeah, right. My late brother bought a prius and was stunned when he inquired into a replacement. He passed before he had to, but he wasn't happy when he learned their cost. I don't think the salesmen are quick to point this out to potential buyers on the sales floor unless they ask. And even then, they probably only mention the lowest figure in the range to get that sale.
A friend of mine just had batterys replaced in his Prius and just the battery cost was $6000.00, Another thing they fail to mention is a lot of elec cars when involved in bad wrecks blow up!!! I have been to several wrecks that this happened and the people didnt make it out!!

Latest posts

Back