FNG

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Infidel77

Reaction score
After serving 7 years, three combat deployments as an infantry medic, rising to the rank of Sgt (P) and being screwed out of the promotion, I have decided to get out of the Army. I have watched as the rules of engagement have changed to put soldiers at risk and to help those who we are fighting. I watch as our country is spiraling out of control. I'm not sure what will happen within the next 20 or so years, but whatever it is, I will be prepared

Welcome, not only the ROE but the new style civilian leadership like Panetta, and Avril Haines. Lawyers with no combat, or operational experience making decides on the lives of people on the ground. Benghazi was the breaking point for me to say no, I will not fight for my country anymore in a military or federal capacity. I still love my country, but I can best serve it as an informed citizen building a stronger community, not as a trigger puller. I hope you enjoy your stay with us and enjoy. Hooah.

Welcome to the forum. Don't worry, you won't be the FNG for very long. Feel free to jump into the threads and make some friends, we kind of promise not to bite.:)

welcome Infidel from South La. Hop U was fiin wat U was neeed wit du site. We was have sum fellos wit us dat was noo sum tings. Sum of us was not ben 2 sereous. Sta an pass a good tim.

After serving 7 years, three combat deployments as an infantry medic, rising to the rank of Sgt (P) and being screwed out of the promotion, I have decided to get out of the Army. I have watched as the rules of engagement have changed to put soldiers at risk and to help those who we are fighting. I watch as our country is spiraling out of control. I'm not sure what will happen within the next 20 or so years, but whatever it is, I will be prepared
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I have been a paramedic for almost 7 yrs now, and hope I can contribute with first aid and other medical information

Welcome infidel...( I hate calling you that)... but your expertise and training will be very appreciated here. We are glad to have you. PS thank you for what you've already done for us.

You will be a hot commodity in any camp when the collaspe comes because of your medical field. You talk about promotions being denied can you elaborate? You are a man from the front, we get our information from newspapers and we all know that it has been sanitisized. Rules of engagement that help our enemy are particulary interesting. Can you help us see what you mean?
Thank you for joining our ranks of dedicated Americans. We want America to survive.

I was the NCOIC (non commissioned officer in charge) of a forward aid station in afghanistan. I had three medics who worked beneath me, and a fairly heavy patrol schedule. My daily work consisted of running sick call, ordering supplies and keeping inventory of our narcotics. I never kept specific hours on sick call because if someone got off gurard duty at say 2a, i wasn't going to make them wait until 8 or 9a, so I was available pretty much 24/7. on top of this once a week I would rotate in the patrol, giving that platoon medic a day off. For whatever reason, whenever I would go out, we would get into a fight and it was me who was treating out casualties. I was also responsible for treating the Afghan Army soldiers when they were injured. I was nominated for a battlefield promotion for my work.

At the chow hall for the main FOB for our battalion, they had a private company cook and prepare the meals. with cutbacks this consisted of breakfast and dinner. the army cooks job was to clean the chow hall and ensure MRE's were set out during lunch. Medics who worked in the Aid St at the FOB, were forced to babysit the cooks to make sure they did in fact clean, because preventative medicine came out for an inspection and shut the chow hall down due to the uncleanliness. The army cook who ran the chow hall was also put in for a battlefield promotion.

guess who won out. the cook was also female.

as far as the ROE, without getting into it too much, if the taliban shot at us from a mud hut, we weren't allowed to shoot back for fear of collateral damage to that mud hut

I was the NCOIC (non commissioned officer in charge) of a forward aid station in afghanistan. I had three medics who worked beneath me, and a fairly heavy patrol schedule. My daily work consisted of running sick call, ordering supplies and keeping inventory of our narcotics. I never kept specific hours on sick call because if someone got off gurard duty at say 2a, i wasn't going to make them wait until 8 or 9a, so I was available pretty much 24/7. on top of this once a week I would rotate in the patrol, giving that platoon medic a day off. For whatever reason, whenever I would go out, we would get into a fight and it was me who was treating out casualties. I was also responsible for treating the Afghan Army soldiers when they were injured. I was nominated for a battlefield promotion for my work.

At the chow hall for the main FOB for our battalion, they had a private company cook and prepare the meals. with cutbacks this consisted of breakfast and dinner. the army cooks job was to clean the chow hall and ensure MRE's were set out during lunch. Medics who worked in the Aid St at the FOB, were forced to babysit the cooks to make sure they did in fact clean, because preventative medicine came out for an inspection and shut the chow hall down due to the uncleanliness. The army cook who ran the chow hall was also put in for a battlefield promotion.

guess who won out. the cook was also female.

as far as the ROE, without getting into it too much, if the taliban shot at us from a mud hut, we weren't allowed to shoot back for fear of collateral damage to that mud hut
Unreal, as we used to say in the 60's. Welcome back to the semi-free world. We're glad you made it.

thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I have been a paramedic for almost 7 yrs now, and hope I can contribute with first aid and other medical information
Welcome and an heart felt Thank You for your military service!
God Bless You...You are among friends!

Blessings,
Shenandoah

Latest posts

Back