Florida here! Hi Everyone

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngieGirl

Reaction score
Hi everybody from sunny Florida. I was super excited to see these forums. I have been trying to get started prepping for my family and having a pretty tough time... I'm sure reading and researching these boards will be really helpful. -Angie

Hey Angie! I am super new to prepping too. The organization for me of the website was tricky however, you figure it out insanely fast. I honestly have learned more on this forum in just a week or so than I have in the last few months. There is a lot to learn here and a lot of very experienced people.

Hi and welcome from Finland to DPF, any questions just ask,some one has the answer ;)

howdy from a texan .... and welcome to the forum and family...there's quite a few knowledgeable folks here that'll gladly tell ya what you need to know,or at least point ya in the right direction and/or give ya a good idea or 2..and by all means jump right on in with any replies you have on a topic.and start new topics if/when needed...

Welcome Angie! There is a ton of info here and if you can't find what you need, just ask. Hopefully we can at least point you in the right direction.

Hi everybody from sunny Florida. I was super excited to see these forums. I have been trying to get started prepping for my family and having a pretty tough time... I'm sure reading and researching these boards will be really helpful. -Angie
Welcome and thank you for taking time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com. Your presence here is much appreciated. We look forward to your posts, and hope you enjoy the community!

Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the proper area, and I know you will get an answer, as he members on here are extremely knowledgeable and more than willing to help!

Thank you again for taking the time to join Doomsday Prepper Forums.com!

Fellow Floridian here. Happy to help in any way we can. Post up some questions, and you'll get lots of great information.

I'll start with some general advice. Here in FL, we're used to prepping a little bit for hurricane season. This is basically an extension of that, that's all.

The difference is mindset. To really prep, you want to think about RENEWABLE sources of food and water. With the rain we get here, rain catchment is a great way to ensure your family always has an emergency reserve of water. Of course, bottled water is often on sale as well, and no rule saying you can't do BOTH! (I do).

Likewise, even in the city, lots of things you can do. A small veggie garden, and a few chickens can keep you in veggies and protein, for example. And here, we can grow things nearly year round. (and of course, indoors). Fruit trees can also supply needed feed as well.

Latest posts

Back