Flea Markets

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Water-logged survivalist State of Florida
Ok, I'm starting my very first thread and I feel all giddy!

I noticed a lot of threads for Dollar Tree and several other places but haven't seen anything that mentions fela markets. For a prepper these are a treasure trove of valuable items people are actually getting rid of! I live in the South and you can't throw a cat without hitting one (and making a cat really mad) but I have found so many vendors there that have awesome deals!

So I was thinking, why not tell about flea markets that are near us or that we know of that people can look into if they are in the area? Here a some of the ones that I know of.

Murphy, NC: They have a pretty good one where you can find lot of hand crafted items such as candles, leather items, military surplus, rifles, ATV's and a pretty good funnel cake too!

Anderson SC: Called the Jockey Lot, it covers 18 acres if memory serves. Permanet buildings with established vendors, and a massively huge outer area where anybody can come and sell what they have. They even have Animal Alley where you can purchase animals from dogs and cats to ducks, chickens, and pigs. I found many rifles, BOB's, several vendors also do the 'Everything is a Dollar' and sell some pretty good items.

Blairsville GA: There are two there, one called Pappy's Flea Market, and another that I don't think ever was named. Pappy's has gone more touisty in recent years but the other one has the usual people who come and sell odds and ends that are pretty great. A Large number of rednecks there so you can find rifles, pistols, knives, military surplus, and even some interesting reading materials.

Jefferson GA: Called the 'World's Largest Flea Market' doubt it is the largest but it is decent sized. Lots of weapons and survival gear. People here usually have some generators for sale as well as ATVs. Worth a stop if your in the area.

Agree PheonixPrepping, flea markets are just like treasure coves, with dollar deals everywhere. Cant say nothin bad about a nice size flea market I myself have been able to purchase alot of prepping items and supplies(such as Ammo Cans and etc.) at flea markets at unbeatable prices. ... One i will def be trying to go to is the Jefferson GA "Worlds Largest Flea Market" .Is there a site Pheonix so I can go find out details and info about this flea market man?

I picked up a dehydrator for $3 at a rummage sale year before last. It has 7 trays and works fine. You might try rummage sales as well, especially ones held by old ladies, they may be selling off their canners and canning jars.

Umm tbh I'm not sure what you are talking about. Could you describe it? I know in the Anderson Jockey Lot there is a guy who does a lot of stuff with Ham Radios and the like and he usually has a LOT of antennas.

My bad man try to type so fast i didnt make no sense my bad, any of the flea markets you been to have you seen any like Flate tape atennas or descent sizes. Any bulk paracord or webbing at any of the vendors?

The Jockey Lot has a LOt of retired military (Vietnam/Korea vets) who sell lots of stuff like that. The paracord and webbing definately. You might want to check the Ham radio guy for the antenna if you get up that way. I haven't been up there in a while but he was an established vendor the last time I was there and he had been there for years. He was inside the actual building and had his own stall/huge ### booth.

I even found a hammock that was enclosed. You tie it up and it has a roof, with mosquito netting all around, plus enough room for you to place your gear at the foot of it.

Also found a cot built up the same way. Stood waist high and was enclosed. Heavier than the hammock (about 10 pds I think but don't quote me)

Yeah it was OD green. I asked if they had anything in hot pink with neon purple zebra strips but they had just sold the last one. :( As for the MOLLE supplies all I can say is Rednecks, lots and lots and lots of rednecks. So yeah, they have Molle supplies. Shoot

Ha thats all i needed to kno rednecks keyword on that spot. And damn man would have been awsome to score the pink with neon purple tiger stripe pattern lol .:m4:

I know right? Much more manly than plain jane OD green. Man there is one guy out there ALL the time who is selling rifles, pistols, and ATV type vehicles. Bastard even had a dune buggy that you could mount a .50 cal if you got the platform and mounted it. And he only wanted like 4 grand for it. And it worked too! He gave children rides in it for 5 bucks and that damn thing would skoot!

I'm not sure if they are fuel cans but they are the 5 gallon cans that are typical for the military. I would think you could use them for fuel, but you would have to check. Damn near anything you can think of I have found at the Jockey Lot. Even helicopter rides and hot air ballon rides!!

ha awsome, need to get in contact with that fellow asap lol. Since you mention, they have any mounts that you have seen for like platforms or vechile mounted or anything related to mounting a weap to somesort of a platform?

Latest posts

Back