First-aid kits: Stock supplies that can save lives

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is true. I would definitely make sure I had something to sew up a wound. I don't care if I have to use a shoe lace or zip tie.

You also need to know how to clean the wound before sewing it up and caring for the person afterward so they don't die of infection. And there is no alt med to take the place of a tetnis (sp?) shot or oral antibiotics. Some wounds need a drain.

You guys are killing me!
shoe string? zip tie? holy crap man, if i have a wound that big just freaken kill me n save the resorces roflmmfao
As a healthcare professional, may I make a couple of suggestions?? Crazy Glue--We use it all the time to close wounds in the OR. Outside the OR, when the patient is awake we will use Durabond....just an expensive version of Crazy Glue that doesn't burn! If you can approximate the edges of the wound, steri-strip it (Yes, you can use small strips of Duck Tape!) and Crazy Glue the wound edges between the steri-strips. You will have a good closure without sutures. If you are looking to purchase actual suture kits try "Jeffers Vet Equine Catalog", online and cheap.
Also, an important addition to your first-aid kit: Plain Alka-Seltzer, it is chock-full of electrolites and will give a person suffering from dehydration all they need to get up and going again.

Blessings,
Shenandoah

You also need to know how to clean the wound before sewing it up and caring for the person afterward so they don't die of infection. And there is no alt med to take the place of a tetnis (sp?) shot or oral antibiotics. Some wounds need a drain.
how do you determine if it needs a drain or not?

Y
Also, an important addition to your first-aid kit: Plain Alka-Seltzer, it is chock-full of electrolites and will give a person suffering from dehydration all they need to get up and going again.

Where are the electrolytes? You'd do better to give them Gator-Ade. :)

Alka-Seltzer
Anhydrous citric acid 1000 mg. Antacid
Aspirin 325 mg (NSAID)*. Analgesic
Sodium bicarbonate (heat-treated) 1916 mg. Antacid
*nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug

Latest posts

Back