First-aid kits: Stock supplies that can save lives

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heck i was a parent for 4 years before i had to take the course and I learned alot. I know some youngsters would learn alot more.

congratz! ya the system makes you go through a long period of hell before anything happens.
Thank you! It is true. there are many a hoops to jump through. Then there is the cost should you get an attorney....
I spent some $14,000.00 to keep my ex from moving my son to Oregon. Nothing personal Godselfme....

seriously> you want all that in your emergency kit? are you all on big pharma's pay roll? Are you still able to buy natural remedies and vitamins in the states? or has big pharma killed all that for you? garlic pills - anti biotic ( just take the garlic internally! drip into ears for ear ache - or use slices of onion heated laid on the ear to pull out the pain) Honey (especially dark honey - nothing grows in honey - you could preserve a body for many many hundreds of years - so slap it on burns, open wound infections, take it internally with apple cider vinegar etc etc - for bloody hell google it!) Have some rescue remedy for shock, Iodine - but it kills the good bugs as well as the bad!, don't need aloe vera gel - just need to recognise the plant and snap off a stalk and rub that on, cayenne powder is good - use it in your socks to keep frost bite at bay or use it as blood thinneror for poor circulation -Liqiud echinachea is bleedin awesone - a few drops in water - tastes foul but bloody awesome - vitamin c vitamin c vitamin c - Ascorbic acid! For your vitaminD and A's - yum yum - Codliver oil -geeze people I could go on and on -sigh Tea-tree is antiseptic, Activated charcoal will purify water, chamolmile tea bags will repel insects ( if that is what is worrying you in the end of the world scenarios) How long do you want this blog to be?

seriously> you want all that in your emergency kit? are you all on big pharma's pay roll? Are you still able to buy natural remedies and vitamins in the states? or has big pharma killed all that for you? garlic pills - anti biotic ( just take the garlic internally! drip into ears for ear ache - or use slices of onion heated laid on the ear to pull out the pain) Honey (especially dark honey - nothing grows in honey - you could preserve a body for many many hundreds of years - so slap it on burns, open wound infections, take it internally with apple cider vinegar etc etc - for bloody hell google it!) Have some rescue remedy for shock, Iodine - but it kills the good bugs as well as the bad!, don't need aloe vera gel - just need to recognise the plant and snap off a stalk and rub that on, cayenne powder is good - use it in your socks to keep frost bite at bay or use it as blood thinneror for poor circulation -Liqiud echinachea is bleedin awesone - a few drops in water - tastes foul but bloody awesome - vitamin c vitamin c vitamin c - Ascorbic acid! For your vitaminD and A's - yum yum - Codliver oil -geeze people I could go on and on -sigh Tea-tree is antiseptic, Activated charcoal will purify water, chamolmile tea bags will repel insects ( if that is what is worrying you in the end of the world scenarios) How long do you want this blog to be?
NO I am not on the pharmacy payroll, however I have a 9 year old with High Risk Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Pre B. I don't think some grape seed extract, red yest, garlic, tea tree oil, vitamins A - Z are going to change that. So I do, as i am sure some other people, have concerns about obtaining certain drugs to ensure survival.

As for me personally, through some diet change and exercise, i am steadily riding myself of the meds for high blood pressure and type II diabetes. I do know there are many remedies to help that are natural. Manuca Honey, for example, is great for upset stomachs. Honey also helps tame a cough. I know garlic is great for cholesterol. However I have tried Cinnamon for diabetes but to no avail. Alpha Lipoic Acid does help regulate blood sugar.

Believe me when I saw I am a big proponent of people using natural remedies to help themselves instead of using some manufactured crap that will end up destroying your kidneys and/or liver

hell ya that post can be longer, or you can start a thread on natural remedies!
ya i am packen pharm stuff, because its relyable, and i know mine and my familys allergies to it, where as natural, stuff is more potent.
however, i pritty much want to print out your whole post, as even if i have a big stock of pharms, they wont last forever, and sooner or later we'll have to rely on naturals to keep going!

@Clyde, sorry to hear bout your kid bro, ill send some words to the MAN upstairs for/with ya!

hell ya that post can be longer, or you can start a thread on natural remedies!
ya i am packen pharm stuff, because its relyable, and i know mine and my familys allergies to it, where as natural, stuff is more potent.
however, i pritty much want to print out your whole post, as even if i have a big stock of pharms, they wont last forever, and sooner or later we'll have to rely on naturals to keep going!

@Clyde, sorry to hear bout your kid bro, ill send some words to the MAN upstairs for/with ya!
Thanks Krime!

I was glad to see the anti-diarrhea meds since your diet would certainly change in the event of a disaster. I would also recommend including a laxative in the kit for the same reason.

I could show you how to make your own wine, beer, and whiskey if you guys would like! Not that I have ever made whiskey since that would be illegal ; )

Sorry about your son Clyde, I will definitely send prayers for you both. The liquor thing was for your earlier posts BTY

funny, that kit includes scissors tweezers and a needle, but no mention of thread, dental floss, fishing line, or any thing to sew up wounds
One of the things I have in my First Aid Kit that you younger folk don't need is Reading Glasses. Without the Reading Glasses (I have 2 pair... one that I normally use and one that is much stronger) I would be screwed trying to something as simple as removing a splinter.

I also recommend that you take a class on sewing up a wound and how to use the Stapler to close up wounds. I took one about a month ago and it was worth every dime. If you have to ... go online and watch YouTube videos... then get a pig's foot from the supermarket and practice!

M.D. here.... if we can figure a method of communication post-shtf... I will freely give my advice to all of you.

Thanks Doc, and if we can I will be asking. I am Combat Lifesaver trained so can do quite a bit if needed but for major things would definitely need help. I have stitched up, and stapled wounds as well as given IV's and stopped bleeding etc. 2 tours in Iraq for that stuff.

Latest posts

Back