Quantcast

First Aid Kit Specials

Doomsday Prepper Forums - The Number One Prepper Site

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

Bravery

Reaction score
I just bought a few first aid kits for some of my employees at WalMart. I know they aren't up to the standards of what most of you have (or even what I myself have) but if you have NOTHING and need to get started quickly this MIGHT help (as long as you DON'T stop with just this kit). It was only about $8.50 for a basic 140 piece kit (mostly bandaids - nothing really special). Make sure you grab the ones with the $2.00 off coupons on them. Really, about the only thing I like about the kit is it comes with a large plastic case. It allows me to put certain things in it and I will store that in my larger first aid kit (it will help me put all the things in one spot that I might need for say... to sew up a wound. so I can say son "go in my first aid kit and grab the plastic box", and everything I need will be there).

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
I just bought a few first aid kits for some of my employees at WalMart. I know they aren't up to the standards of what most of you have (or even what I myself have) but if you have NOTHING and need to get started quickly this MIGHT help (as long as you DON'T stop with just this kit). It was only about $8.50 for a basic 140 piece kit (mostly bandaids - nothing really special). Make sure you grab the ones with the $2.00 off coupons on them. Really, about the only thing I like about the kit is it comes with a large plastic case. It allows me to put certain things in it and I will store that in my larger first aid kit (it will help me put all the things in one spot that I might need for say... to sew up a wound. so I can say son "go in my first aid kit and grab the plastic box", and everything I need will be there).
Anything helps for the initial first aid kit! Thanks for this post!

Clyde

H.M.F.I.C.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Check this link out for some really good first aid kits.

Galls First Aid Kits

hj1984

Reaction score
am I missing something? what kit is he referring to with a coupon? is there a link im missing?

Bravery

Reaction score

medicken

Reaction score
I have one of the Galls BLS first responder bags. It has a good supply of the necessary items to stop bleeding, splint broken bones etc. The nice thing is it is light weight and comes in a dedicated bag that is highly visible. The only drawback to it, being that I am a medic it does not have supplies that allow me to use my skills to their full potential. But then again if I have to start IV's for sever bleeding and major injuries the injured person doesn't need a medic, they need a surgeon. For the basic needs of first aid the Galls bags are a great start.

Bravery

Reaction score
I have one of the Galls BLS first responder bags. It has a good supply of the necessary items to stop bleeding, splint broken bones etc. The nice thing is it is light weight and comes in a dedicated bag that is highly visible. The only drawback to it, being that I am a medic it does not have supplies that allow me to use my skills to their full potential. But then again if I have to start IV's for sever bleeding and major injuries the injured person doesn't need a medic, they need a surgeon. For the basic needs of first aid the Galls bags are a great start.
WOW, the difference between your First Aid kit and the one I bought is like the difference between a Lamborghini and a bicycle. I have to say that I have upgraded my first aid kit to something I'm not embarrassed of. My bag is embarrassing though.

Latest posts