First Aid Classes

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hj1984

Reaction score
If anyone is interested in taking First Aid/CPR classes here is a link that you can use to input your zip code and find classes in your area. I know it seems costly but the 90 bucks (thats what it is in my neck of the woods) will be well spent if your loved ones or yourself become injured and the only option you have is to treat the ailgment yourself.... I think that they offer discounts if you have a group of ppl take the course, so maybe ask your local library, YMCA or school/college if they want to have a signup sheet or see if other community members would be interested in taking the course to help lower the cost on everyone! I will be taking one here as soon as the holidays are over and life slows down a bit for me!

http://www.redcross.org/lp/cpr-aed-firstaid?gclid=CIa0jre5w7MCFUQw4AodCzEAUg

I am lucky enough to get it free through work, although it is pretty basic stuff. I would like more training.

I have been through those classes every year for the last 20 years,
between being a firefighter, and scouts.
interesting the first time.

Im in the same boat. Military has us do it every two years, but wouldnt mind more training.
contact your local red cross at the website hj1984 provided, there are different levels of training for different things. if you want more take more classes, Many employers pay for you to get higher levels of emergency training.

First aid/CPR is a great start, then first responder, EMT, EMT-I, in some area's, EMT-P. There is also wilderness first aid/first responder, these. Classes can last upwards of 60/80 hrs to years. I am a firm believer when it comes to rendering medical help more is better. I also saw in an earlier post you were thinking about antibiotics, that needs a little more than first aid for administration of antibiotics. I only say this as some people could hava an life threatening reactions. Some study books would be, The San Ford Guide to Antimicrobial Therapy, Special Operations Forces Medical Handbook (google play). All of this said, antibiotics are nice to have on hand, for when... happens. to answer your question ''ebay'', look for the purple emo. AquaticPharmacy. com. These people show each antibiotic, and you can look them up on drugs.com pill finder. Also saw that you were looking for chest seals, plastic tapped on three sides for sucking chest wound, if through and through 4 sides tapped on exit side and 3 sides on front, if an adomnal eviseration use a 4 side occlusion. EMS, combat medics use this all the time. Hopes this helps. All remember!! Bright lights and cold steel is what saves severe trauma. Some time the best medicine is what you have at hand

Latest posts

Back