Finally got to test out some gear

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tied to find the new version of it too, nada,nothing..
maybe if they issue us one those when we have our next training session with the company, maybe I accidentally loose it?
I'm on the mailing list to a surplus store too,so if they get some I should be notified..

I use a 10x10 tarp, did I miss a metal pot to boil water as your secondary to the Sawyer Mini?

you have a few items you could live without. Hammock, extra dry bag, ground mat (unless it’s Tyvex?) WP pants (parka should suffice) shorts and pants?

kit looks pretty squared away though.

water bladder?
Total weight with water?

what’s the purpose of the bag? Get you to a BOL? How far away is it?

my GHB is for 50miles and is < 30lbs wet.
https://k7jlj.github.io/K7JLJ.com/ghb_2-0.html

Yes I had a pot. I use the Pathfinder set so it has a flask and a cooking pot.

The purpose of the bag is for a quick getaway and short stay in the wilderness if needed but I also take it in my car as my get home bag. Takes about 3 days walk from my work to home and normally I don't travel too much more than that. I do carry some extra items just in case I have to extend the period I am bugging out.

As far as weight it is about 8kg but more if I pack for winter.

Suunto.jpg

I thought it was such cool looking compass I took a photo. Probably should have made the woman an offer for it but I didn't know the value. It was just some small family rum local museum so she may have sold it.

The French Survivor-Writer Sylvain Tesson lived in Siberia on the shore of Baikal for six months and wrote a book.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Consolations_of_the_Forest"The book was awarded the Prix Médicis essai. It was the runner-up for the Prix Renaudot, losing to Emmanuel Carrère's Limonov. The English translation received the 2014 Dolman Best Travel Book Award."
I remember this film in Russian, how he spent the winter.
short film review:
English

Last edited:
more or less same distance from my place to the possible BOL.
you have possibilities to get water along that stretch?
another question, security,so rifle? how much ammo?
There is a fresh water source every 5-10miles along that trek.

No rifle, just edc Sig 365XL (12+1) 9mm, 15rnd spare and 12rnd spare.

(4) shotgun primer trip wire setups.

Yes I had a pot. I use the Pathfinder set so it has a flask and a cooking pot.

The purpose of the bag is for a quick getaway and short stay in the wilderness if needed but I also take it in my car as my get home bag. Takes about 3 days walk from my work to home and normally I don't travel too much more than that. I do carry some extra items just in case I have to extend the period I am bugging out.

As far as weight it is about 8kg but more if I pack for winter.
Sorry, missed it. I just got the Pathfinder nested cup and bottle, good kit.

18lbs seems pretty darn light! I gotta take a second look at my kit now, as it’s almost identical to yours and weighs 30lb with two Ltrs if water in it.

Latest posts

Back