Field Sterile Burn Blanket

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silent Bob

God Like
Reaction score
All right, here is one product I can definitely recommend, when Burn Gels first made their way on to the market, I had my doubts to the efficacy, but having not only treated family burns, I was involved in two extreme burn causalities in combat, both survived the immediate burn injuries, but one later died from another unrelated complication. All I can say is the advancement in burn casualties increases each year and these are applied not only in treatment areas, but in how the front line troops can offer immediate buddy care treatment. In fact, I used a partial kit (cut out pieces of it like a band-aid) for my wife, when she burned herself in a cooking incident, since we applied the cooling gel and then applied this product, not only did we not experience any infection issues, recovery time increased two fold and she did not have any burn scars from the experience. She is a very fair skinned person, so I was very pleased with the recovery.

I have a Water Jel Blanket in my rig trauma kit. Also am a frequent user of their Burn Jel that is commercially sold at Walmart. We even use it for sunburns which not only speeds up recovery and limit the damage of sun, but something we keep even in our beach tote. Something for those who have little kids and want to get a jump on the upcoming summer pack.

You can order directly from their website: http://shop.waterjel.com/

Tactical7260Canm.jpg

This is another company you might want to consider. They stock the actual bandage for burns.

FROM H&H Medical Corp Website:
Burns can happen at any time and can cause life-threatening situations. The H&H Sterile Burn Blanket provides a fast response to burns large and small. This sterile, non-adherent, dry blanket can be used to treat thermal burns that cover a large percentage (over 20%) of body surface area.

The blanket’s large, 82” X 52” size allows for a vast coverage area across arms, legs, and torso. The material will allow for fluid and heat retention and meets TCCC November 2009 guidelines for the treatment of burns. H&H vacuum seals our Sterile Burn Blanket to create a small, tight pack that can fit in any field or emergency kit.

The video thread is from H and H Medical supplies, I am a regular buyer from them, while I know most of the systems are a bit pricey, your getting the best shelf life. Please know I am not a representative for them, just a user. So far I have not had any problems with their product, nor any customer rep issues.

I stock the material in my trauma bag and IFAK, but you can purchase them for your IFAK or personal medical kits.

great post.i like that

Thanks Jim, I've been trying to load up one some of their new stuff, in fact I didn't know that Water Gel had contracted out to the military to make military medical supplies, so I spent a few dollars to evaluate the product and have some for my packs. Never hurts to have some alternatives based on the injury. However, I really hate burns, if you've treated them, its just one thing I can never forget. Hope your having a nice day.

Nice article! I wish we did not have such an old medical director on the ground unit. I have used Burn gel and Water Jel in the past. Keep a bottle of Burn gel by the stove all the time and a Wate Jel in the pantry for years. On the ambulance we use sterile burn sheets and thermo wrap to keep thermo regulation in check as well as start the parkland formula with Ringers, Fentanyl or Morphine for PN. Hoping that some of the more advance emergency medical practice will filter it way in from the combat medics/field practices.
Good luck, be safe, God less!

All right, here is one product I can definitely recommend, when Burn Gels first made their way on to the market, I had my doubts to the efficacy, but having not only treated family burns, I was involved in two extreme burn causalities in combat, both survived the immediate burn injuries, but one later died from another unrelated complication. All I can say is the advancement in burn casualties increases each year and these are applied not only in treatment areas, but in how the front line troops can offer immediate buddy care treatment. In fact, I used a partial kit (cut out pieces of it like a band-aid) for my wife, when she burned herself in a cooking incident, since we applied the cooling gel and then applied this product, not only did we not experience any infection issues, recovery time increased two fold and she did not have any burn scars from the experience. She is a very fair skinned person, so I was very pleased with the recovery.

I have a Water Jel Blanket in my rig trauma kit. Also am a frequent user of their Burn Jel that is commercially sold at Walmart. We even use it for sunburns which not only speeds up recovery and limit the damage of sun, but something we keep even in our beach tote. Something for those who have little kids and want to get a jump on the upcoming summer pack.

You can order directly from their website: Buy Water Jel Products Online

View attachment 2414

This is another company you might want to consider. They stock the actual bandage for burns.

FROM H&H Medical Corp Website:

Burns can happen at any time and can cause life-threatening situations. The H&H Sterile Burn Blanket provides a fast response to burns large and small. This sterile, non-adherent, dry blanket can be used to treat thermal burns that cover a large percentage (over 20%) of body surface area.

The blanket’s large, 82” X 52” size allows for a vast coverage area across arms, legs, and torso. The material will allow for fluid and heat retention and meets TCCC November 2009 guidelines for the treatment of burns. H&H vacuum seals our Sterile Burn Blanket to create a small, tight pack that can fit in any field or emergency kit.

The video thread is from H and H Medical supplies, I am a regular buyer from them, while I know most of the systems are a bit pricey, your getting the best shelf life. Please know I am not a representative for them, just a user. So far I have not had any problems with their product, nor any customer rep issues.

I stock the material in my trauma bag and IFAK, but you can purchase them for your IFAK or personal medical kits.

Does anyone have any new updates for preferred supplies for the treatment of burns?
Any advice or suggestions would be much obliged.
Many thanks,
Erqueen75 :USA:

Latest posts

Back