Field Day plans?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want people to KNOW im carrying and protected and IF you shoot at me ill damn well shoot back!!!!
In situations where I want people to know I'm carrying, and there are those situations, I don't carry concealed and then tell people I'm carrying concealed, I just don't conceal it.

Interesting, in my 38 years as a ham and the 5 different clubs I have been a member, carrying firearms has never come up. I can see that being an issue in city parks, state parks and county or city buildings. Here in New Mexico open carry is allowed. Packing for field day I carry a truck load of tools, gear, radios, camp stoves, grills and food, never figured on carrying firearms. Guess if I carried anything it would be a defense shotgun in the truck. Interesting thing about New Mexico, if you are out in the country, most people just figure you are carrying a firearm and treat you with that level of respect. Only in the large cities do you run across the low-lifes that you need to worry about. de KA5SIW

Yes, I like Tentec's because I can work on them. Lately I have been transitioning to Icom with the 7200 and 7300, but I still like my Tentec rigs. The receiver audio is more pleasant to listen to on the Tentec, I think it is the crystal lattice filters. The only drawback to the Tentec rigs is the VFO has to be cleaned and re-lubed but once you get that old grease out of the VFO and replace it with tri-flow everything works smooth as silk. The VFO in the Tentec rigs might not be stable enough for some of the newer computer modes (too much drift). de KA5SIW

Latest posts

Back