Field Day plans?

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captjim_NM

Reaction score
Just wondering what you are doing for Field day? Since I am no longer a member of a club, I don't have any plans. de KA5SIW

Illini Warrior, Sorry I don't understand your posting. What organization are you talking about? Thank you for more info.

We had a friend and his wife come from New Mexico to visit us here (Rocky Mountain Club) and threatened to bring everyone up here to Kansas at our farm for field day. But haven't heard anything more. Guess it still could happen.

I just run 1-Delta from home. Was affiliated with a club 30 years ago that regularly ran 23A to 27A depending on the year. Too much going on to commit a full weekend anymore.
Illini Warrior, Sorry I don't understand your posting. What organization are you talking about? Thank you for more info.
Amateur Radio Field Day. Last full weekend in June, hams take to the field and set up portable radio operations and then contact as many stations as possible in a 24 hour period. If you have an active ham club near you, go check it out. I've seen some impressive set ups over the years.

I just run 1-Delta from home. Was affiliated with a club 30 years ago that regularly ran 23A to 27A depending on the year. Too much going on to commit a full weekend anymore.

Amateur Radio Field Day. Last full weekend in June, hams take to the field and set up portable radio operations and then contact as many stations as possible in a 24 hour period. If you have an active ham club near you, go check it out. I've seen some impressive set ups over the years.
OUR radio club will be participating!!!

a lot of preppers dropped their association because of the anti-gun stance >>>
The clubs I'm in don't have any of that nonsense. Open carrying in the radio club meetings down at the church and found out about dark :30 that everyone and I mean everyone was carrying at winter field day. A lot of talking and probably should have been a little more radio talking but copious amounts of chili and hotdogs were consumed.

The clubs I'm in don't have any of that nonsense. Open carrying in the radio club meetings down at the church and found out about dark :30 that everyone and I mean everyone was carrying at winter field day. A lot of talking and probably should have been a little more radio talking but copious amounts of chili and hotdogs were consumed.
ALL of us here carry too!!!! including MY entire family!

I can't understand why people announce they are carrying...kind of kills the whole concept of "concealed".

I can't understand why people announce they are carrying...kind of kills the whole concept of "concealed".
When you're amongst like minded friends, sitting around a campfire, everyone talks about the things that are important to them. After a few hours, when the radio operation moves into a routine, the topic of discussion starts to wander...trucks, wives, guns, boats, dogs, radios, kids, blacksmithing and rarely, what foreign amateur radio operators tell about their perspective of world events. Of course, there's always the new guy from california who don't contribute much to the gun talk.

don't tell me about your CCW and Ham Fest relations - tell the ham associations you people all belong to - they were the ones that made the news with their anti-gun stance and enforcement ...

be willing to bet the rules haven't changed and it gets enforced when the numbers are in THEIR favor >> not the association I'd want or encourage ....

don't tell me about your CCW and Ham Fest relations - tell the ham associations you people all belong to - they were the ones that made the news with their anti-gun stance and enforcement ...

be willing to bet the rules haven't changed and it gets enforced when the numbers are in THEIR favor >> not the association I'd want or encourage ....
Going forward, I guess you’ll probably want to stop clicking on the “Field Day plans” thread link.

We had this discussion in one club husband and I were in. The meetings were held on the weekend in a police building, and our president was very antigun. So he said no one could open carry, even though it was allowed in that state (New Mexico). Many concealed carry, myself included, and we just shut up about it. Another club we were in did field day out in the middle of nowhere at a national park area. We all carried, and we all camped there for a couple of days, too. Not a big deal.

We had this discussion in one club husband and I were in. The meetings were held on the weekend in a police building, and our president was very antigun. So he said no one could open carry, even though it was allowed in that state (New Mexico). Many concealed carry, myself included, and we just shut up about it. Another club we were in did field day out in the middle of nowhere at a national park area. We all carried, and we all camped there for a couple of days, too. Not a big deal.
In our clubs, the president doesn't get to decree....motions are made by members, seconded and voted on by the members present. If its not in the bylaws or passed votes, it doesn't exist.

Latest posts

Back