Feminine products

Doomsday Prepper Forums

Help Support Doomsday Prepper Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrJenner

God Like
Reaction score
Just hit me today - need alternate means of feminine products for that time of the month! I could see people rushing out to buy this along with TP again this winter.
Anyone using cups now have a recommendation? I've also invested in 2 bidets to replace the regular toilet seats for the house :)

Reusable are great, had them for a few years, comfortable and better for the environment. My nieces use them now too. The only issue would be that you need a lot of water to clean them. So in an emergency have several sets ( they come in packs of 5) so they can be washed in one go.

Just hit me today - need alternate means of feminine products for that time of the month! I could see people rushing out to buy this along with TP again this winter.
Anyone using cups now have a recommendation? I've also invested in 2 bidets to replace the regular toilet seats for the house :)

Very warm footwear and very healthy.
Boots made of natural felt.
Materials for production are inexpensive, but you need to know the technology.

Valenki
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valenki
👍

unnamed (5).jpg

1_5369d9e5edcf85369d9e5edd36.jpg

:)

-------
More information

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...DrAhVisYsKHbLPCyEQ7Al6BAgKEC0&biw=960&bih=600

Frankly ..
when I wrote about Valenki, I did not understand this thread ..
(Google translates posts by the author of the topic into Russian, for example
"I am a woman and I am interested in finding a woman's job in my spare time" ..))
🤣
-----
Therefore, I wrote about Valenki
In fact, the women here discuss their monthly issues.

I hope that they will not offend anyone, since this is not an understanding of translation by language.
Nevertheless ..
I advise all American ladies living in the countryside to wear felt boots. This is a natural product.

Last edited:
I am no expert on this subject but my girlfriend makes her own sanitary pads and washes them in the washing machine. She says they are loads better than the disposable ones and she saves a fortune by not buying them. She makes them by cutting 3 layers of fabric sewn together. The middle strip layer is like the old fashioned nappy/diaper fabric and the outer layers are wider with the wings. On the winged bit she added some of those popping clips whose name escapes me.

If you make them yourself, flannel is one of the best fabrics to use.
I am no expert on this subject but my girlfriend makes her own sanitary pads and washes them in the washing machine. She says they are loads better than the disposable ones and she saves a fortune by not buying them. She makes them by cutting 3 layers of fabric sewn together. The middle strip layer is like the old fashioned nappy/diaper fabric and the outer layers are wider with the wings. On the winged bit she added some of those popping clips whose name escapes me.
I have made the reusable ones and I agree flannel is the best for the top layer. Then you can use a layer or two of cotton terry cloth or other absorbent material in the middle, and a water resistant layer on the bottom. My pattern shapes the flannel and water resistant layer to include the pad portion and the wings. The inner absorbent layer is just the pad part. The wings fold under the crotch of the panties and attach together with a square of velcro, a snap, or a button depending on your preference.
The great thing about making them yourself is you can make them just the right shape, length, and thickness for your needs, and then they are reusable. I will admit I continue to buy the disposables for convenience, but when SHTF we will have to give up a lot of conveniences anyway.

As far as feminine hygiene stuff goes, I have a question: there were several deaths from toxic shock syndrome related to a tampon brand called "Rely."

Do feminine hygiene products have to be sealed in a certian way to prevent health issues from things like mold?

Some fungi are quite toxic, and I'm concerned about things like expiration dates, how to package these supplies in a semi-tropical environment, and so on. How does one determine if a given feminine hygiene product is unsafe to use after long storage?

Maybe Dr. Jenner could weigh in here?

Thank you all in advance for your answers.

I'm a man, but I bought a couple boxes of Kotex, and put them in my medical stash. I understand they make good wound dressings.
They make good wound dressings, and a tampon is good tinder for getting a fire going. They are also used for wicks in Molotov cocktails . . . although I don't recommend this, as this is highly dangerous to the user.

As far as feminine hygiene stuff goes, I have a question: there were several deaths from toxic shock syndrome related to a tampon brand called "Rely."

Do feminine hygiene products have to be sealed in a certian way to prevent health issues from things like mold?

Some fungi are quite toxic, and I'm concerned about things like expiration dates, how to package these supplies in a semi-tropical environment, and so on. How does one determine if a given feminine hygiene product is unsafe to use after long storage?

Maybe Dr. Jenner could weigh in here?

Thank you all in advance for your answers.
Sorry about the late reply. Been at work the last 8 days (damn Covid). Typically the existing packaging is about a 5 year shelf life. Storing them in humid environments can cause mold to develop quicker than in a drier environment. The three main types of bacteria that can cause toxic shock syndrome are staphylococcus aureus, clostridium sordelli and streptococcus pyogenes.
Cleveland Clinic has some good information about TSS.
https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/diseases/15437-toxic-shock-syndrome

Latest posts

Back